·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New tires in approx 2 weeks. Here are my choices:

Yokohama Parada Asymetric 225/40/18
Nito NT555 225/40/18

both are 300 tireware rating.

any idea which tire may be better? I can get them for approximately the same price, even though the Nitto goes for more.

-Justin

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Dayum! You need new tires already? Didn't you just get your Advans and tires last fall?

I have the Paradas in 215/40/17, and I like them a lot so far. I have 400mi on my set now. They have shown great dry and wet traction so far... They are about 10x better than stock, and pretty cheap to boot...

Andrew

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my AVS7s..and with them, came used tires
Thus, i'm in the market for new tires

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
Dayum! You need new tires already? Didn't you just get your Advans and tires last fall?

I have the Paradas in 215/40/17, and I like them a lot so far. I have 400mi on my set now. They have shown great dry and wet traction so far... They are about 10x better than stock, and pretty cheap to boot...

Andrew

</font>

·
Registered
507 Posts
superflea save yourself the hassel and get the paradas, dont ever buy nitto tires they are just plain booty.

Yeah the paradas might be to noisy for me but i feel safe riding on those that the Nt 555's

------------------

GET SOME!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SensaiGen5:
superflea save yourself the hassel and get the paradas, dont ever buy nitto tires they are just plain booty.

Yeah the paradas might be to noisy for me but i feel safe riding on those that the Nt 555's
</font>
Have you had personal experience with the NT555s? My sister has them on her ///M 540i, and I thought they were pretty good tires.

also, would you mind changing your sig picture? This is a prelude forum. It's hard to view pages with your posts\signature picture in them while at work.

-justin

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Which does your sister have??? An M5 or a 540i? In either case - dope ride... What's her number?

I dunno about nittos, or yokos, but isn't that size gonna a) rub, b) slow you down, and c) mess up your speedo? It's 4% bigger o.d. and probably 3 or 4 pounds heavier at the worst place - the outside of the rim!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperFleaJQ:
Have you had personal experience with the NT555s? My sister has them on her ///M 540i, and I thought they were pretty good tires.

also, would you mind changing your sig picture? This is a prelude forum. It's hard to view pages with your posts\signature picture in them while at work.

-justin
</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with paradas cuz I didn't really hear good things about nittos in general (i.e. poor wet traction). I like the paradas though. They grip the road like crazy. The difference is like night and day compared to stock tires.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
no nitto.
nitto bad.
bad bad bad

My bro's nitto's bubbled up twice already on the sidewall. Good thing he has that warranty thing from american tire or whatever...they replaced em for free.
Does your sister drive hard? Probably not. But i don't think nitto's are very well made....

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•Video clip from Gen-X Cops of Jaymee•'

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
Which does your sister have??? An M5 or a 540i? In either case - dope ride... What's her number?

I dunno about nittos, or yokos, but isn't that size gonna a) rub, b) slow you down, and c) mess up your speedo? It's 4% bigger o.d. and probably 3 or 4 pounds heavier at the worst place - the outside of the rim!

</font>
go schwett! hahah.. justin's sister is dope lookin.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
justin didn't i already tell you..

Yoko needs Yoko tires!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:

</font>
hey mark, she has a 540i with the ///M sports package. Sorry
I don't give her # out to criminals
LoL!!

anyway...not worried about rubbing, not worried about slowing me down really.

as for messing up the speedo, you already said that the speedo was off like 5% or something
so i should be perfect! hahaha

really though, I'm still debating 225/40, or keep with what i have, 215/40.

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Justin, can I meet your sis...er you
?

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think you should go w/the yokes. Nittos are cheap in quality.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Justin, go with Yoko. When my Pirelli P7000 Sports wear out, I'm definately going with Yoko. And yeah, your sis's ride is awesome.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bronx99:
go schwett! hahah.. justin's sister is dope lookin.</font>
hey Justin, for some reason meeting up with you doesn't sounds like such a bad idea anymore

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>

1 - 20 of 33 Posts