Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand what makes these and other wheels so great. Im not saying that they arent, but can someone tell me WHY they are so great? the only 2 factors i can think of are looks, and weight. So if they are like super lightweight,i understand that part. but why spend 2000-4000 bucks?
marsh

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
Not only that ppl who know about cars and look at your wheels will know your not another ricer ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
quality, jdm look, and name

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Most, above the JDM BS, is the Quality. That is first and foremost. You can just see the difference in person when comparing to another kind of wheel.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They are rare b/c of price. Original, at least untill they make copies. Leaders in the industry as wheel technology. Usually stronger, and very well made.

But I still find it hard to justify an extra $1000 to $1500 on some wheels....

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
I think my Mugens were well worth the 2k I dropped on them. Light, gorgeous, and not everyone has them.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
There not Light besides 1-2 models from each brand.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You can get some Rays for about $1000. They have a new series of wheels called G-Games that is only available through Discount Tire Direct. They however are not forged, but are still of high quality. They are also still decently light.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
there are plenty of cheaper brand rims....an even tho they may look the same as other styles of volks etc. they aren't as high quality as they are. if you're just lookin for the same look, then you'd be happy w/ knockoffs....but if you're lookin for somethin better (the original, not a knockoff) then you're willing to spend the extra money.

rays/advans are praised for their quality, durability, strength, weight, and looks. rareness and bragging rights definitely come into play tho too....an everyone likes to be able to say that they got some sick ass rims ;) :bigthumb:

think of it this way....it's the same principle as getting a neuspeed/spoon strut bar compared to a DC sports/ebay strut bar :rolleyes: sure, the cheaper ones may perform adequate enough, an they may look the same or similar...but they're not the same. w/ the extra money you're payin for the neusped/spoon, you're getting better quality, strength and durability. just look how much the dc bars bend compared to the neuspeed/spoon ;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have Advans ($3400 wheels & tires) for my 00' Honda Prelude and ordered another set of the same Advans for my 03' Honda Accord V6 ($2800 wheels & tires).

I've posted this before and I will post it again! IMO the wheels makes the car!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts