Honda Prelude Online banner

What's Involved With a Leak Test?

771 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andrewdelvard 
#1 ·
I was talking to my mechanic a few days ago about how we would investigate the power loss my dyno sheets have been showing.I've already checked the compression and the timing (both fine).He said we would start with a leak test and take it from there. I didn't have much time to ask him what was involved but I think it revolves around the I/H/E.
Anybody had this done? Whats involved?

------------------

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had one

I once had "leak" test when I started my last job!!!
First they give you a cup and then you go into a private Restroom and do your thing. Also...you can't flush the toilet, thats very important!!!

by the way, i'm an idiot.

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

MODS: AEM CAI, DC Header, Greddy PE Exhaust, Vitek Wires, AEM CamGears, AEM TruPwr Pulleys, UR Crank Pulley, Apexi V-AFC, ACT XT Clutch, DC ShortShift Adaptor, ZEX 55 Shot Nitrous

V-Spec Coilovers, DC Fr. Upper Strut Bar, CarbonFiber Hood, OEM Bodykit, 17" Nippon Racing/NittoNT555ZRs, Type S shiftknob........

[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 18, 2001).]

#3 ·
If your talking about a leak down test then you need a special leak down tester. You screw it into where the spark plugs go and use an air compressor to pressurize the cylinder. The tester tells you the % leaking out. You can also listen for air comming out of the exuast, intake, crankcase, or radiator to tell you your problem. What where your compression test numbers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.