Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Holler
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off..i bought my car used a couple months ago and my *driving* manual skills aren't really perfect..its not like i suck cack..but lets just say im not perfect..alrite..here goes:

- wenever i START UP my car and proceed to go in 1st gear or reverse my clutch seems like it rubbing(?)..right when its catching and im about to let my foot off the clutch i hear this big rubbing noise and i can feel the vibration on my foot (my foot on the clutch). anyone know whats going on here? keep in mind this rubbing sound and vibration only occurs when i just start up the car and drive off..so basically, it doesnt ever happen again after it happens the first time, until i shut-off the car and drive it again later. neone have any ideas?

------------------
1998 nordic mist type sh

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
is it more like a kind of scraping type of high-pitched noise from the clutch? i got that sometimes upon engaging first gear. And it would actually happen whenever it felt like it, usually on light throttle starts. Now its gone....don't know what happened.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
Soon to have JRSC

·
Holler
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imagepree: how loud is the buzzing sound supposed to be? and the atts booting up happens when u first get into gear or what? does it boot up if u start your engine and leave it to warm up? or does it boot up when u start driving in a gear. thanks

------------------
1998 nordic mist type sh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts