Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
443 Posts
O, this thingie is COOL!!!

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
I'm sure that's not too hard to make yourself. Just a matter of hooking up the bulb in the appropriate spot and maybe printing out VTEC on a transparancy in the correct size....

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
I'm sure that's not too hard to make yourself. Just a matter of hooking up the bulb in the appropriate spot and maybe printing out VTEC on a transparancy in the correct size....</font>
Think I'd rather spend $5

------------------

That's a nice prelude-I'd pay fifty dollars for one!
http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=10306

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
you know you'll have to find some place in your dash to put that right? it only comes with the vtec light and wiring so you will have to find some nifty place to put it...

but i know you're a stereo guy so you probably know how to do some cool things.

Tim

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dka:
bah, i don't need a light to tell me when i hit vtec
</font>
I get flashing blue lights in my rear view mirror telling me when I hit VTEC

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't know if you guys realize this, but someone already has instructions for a VTEC notification light on the internet (and its for a G5 prelude too!). I know its out because i've seen them. Do a search on the internet and i'm sure you'll come across it. Then, if you need to, you can buy the stupid "vtec" guage light for 5 bucks from the ebay guy.

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
I don't know if you guys realize this, but someone already has instructions for a VTEC notification light on the internet (and its for a G5 prelude too!). I know its out because i've seen them. Do a search on the internet and i'm sure you'll come across it. Then, if you need to, you can buy the stupid "vtec" guage light for 5 bucks from the ebay guy.

</font>
hey.. what is the offset of your SSR wheels?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I found this article relating to that light. And it gives instructions on how to make that. I dont know if the VTEC line is near the distributor cap though?

http://jdmfan.com/howto/vtec_indicator/

--Sam

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could fing the instructs on making the VTEC light for the 5th gen.

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hey i was planning on doing this already too. but not in the guage area like that pic. just a red LED bulb im gona put somewhere...

does anyone know if its the same way for a civic? my friend with a civic was gona try to do it for me. he did it already on his civic but i dunno if the wiring/procedures are related...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Okay..so the VTEC wire in our preludes (i have a 5th gen) is yellow? where is it located in the engine bay?

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
825 Posts
yea that thing is pretty tite but if you have a VAFC than you dont really need that.

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts