Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was planning on a Frankenstein. I really cannot find a general price range of getting this done...or even how.

I don't mean to derail the thread though. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Some headwork, perhaps? A new clutch, and w/ a bit more, a nice flywheel? Pullies are definately worth the 150, as well.

J

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
2 hookers for a 3some.... Maybe some nice alcohol and a good hotel room... LOL, Jk

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I paid 430 for my Kyb Agx's and my skunk2 coilovers... Look around and find the best deal! Its not hard... Both off of ebay... Used coilover and brand new shocks! 280+shipping of 20.50 for the shocks and 130 shipped for the coilovers! Good deal... Just look for it... Give it a few weeks of checking around!

·
Registered
960 Posts
IF youre interested in the H23VTEC Hybrid you'll need this at least:

H22 Head
H22 Header
H22 Intake Manifold
H22 Timing Belt
H22 Oil Pump
Vtec Soleniod
P13 ECU--some have used the P72 GSR for topend gains?

Not sure which Water Pump though?
You would also need the larger fuel injectors if they dont come on the IM you get.

I figure with good parts shopping between $800-$1000 depending on what bargains you find and how cheat you get the gaskets and belts and such:D

I will most likely go this way, but what bothers me is the fact that We can basically get a JDM H22a W/ ECU sent to our door for about $1500, so what I am planning on that swap then pull apart the H23 put Type S pistons and strap the JDM head to it and have a awesome Hybrid. If you search you will find a few different posts on this hybrid here and on Honda-tech. The article's with the most posts will be the one's you need:bigthumb:

Just wanted to touch on that for ya.....

·
Registered
960 Posts
But for the $500 you have now,

Hands down suspension is the best!
If I were you I would get used Nuespeed or H&R sport springs
drop on struts of choice, get AEM pulleys, and get the stainless
steel brake lines from TURBOEVO in the parts classified.

that should give you a nice balance of performance and handling

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
irishpilot said:
IF youre interested in the H23VTEC Hybrid you'll need this at least:

H22 Head
H22 Header
H22 Intake Manifold
H22 Timing Belt
H22 Oil Pump
Vtec Soleniod
P13 ECU--some have used the P72 GSR for topend gains?

Not sure which Water Pump though?
You would also need the larger fuel injectors if they dont come on the IM you get.

I figure with good parts shopping between $800-$1000 depending on what bargains you find and how cheat you get the gaskets and belts and such:D

I will most likely go this way, but what bothers me is the fact that We can basically get a JDM H22a W/ ECU sent to our door for about $1500, so what I am planning on that swap then pull apart the H23 put Type S pistons and strap the JDM head to it and have a awesome Hybrid. If you search you will find a few different posts on this hybrid here and on Honda-tech. The article's with the most posts will be the one's you need:bigthumb:

Just wanted to touch on that for ya.....
If you have the patience to save, this is what I'd REALLY go for.

J

1 - 19 of 19 Posts