Honda Prelude Online banner

What wing looks better???

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Lude2k 
#1 ·
I have the OEM wing right now. But I like how the mugen wing looks. It seems to make the car look wider. The OEM wing to me makes to car look skinny and high. What do you guys think I should do; Keep my OEM wing, or Get the mugen(or replica
) one??

[This message has been edited by FukDupt (edited March 27, 2001).]

See less See more
#2 ·
You can probably sell your wing for at least $100 on eBay. I say go for it if you're sure you want to spend the money on cosmetics as opposed to performance. I'm not knocking cosmetics, as almost all my mods are cosmetic. I just couldn't justify laying for $300 or $400 for something that will do nothing to increase performance. The Mugen wing does look nice though--if it was free I'd definitely take it over USDM OEM.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

#5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I like the mugen wing, but only with the mugen bodykit to go with it. Otherwise it looks out of place.</font>
You sure? I think it may look out of place just because we're used to seeing it with the full kit. It would probably look fine to every other car nut (who's not a Prelude fanatic).

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

#6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I like the mugen wing, but only with the mugen bodykit to go with it. Otherwise it looks out of place.</font>
I plan to get the RS kit when I can afford to get all of that. It might seem out of place with a more aggressive kit, and a more smooth type wing like you said. Oh well I won't have the money for a little while, and that will give me some time to photoshop all of the ideas I have floating around in my head...

#13 ·
Well you see, i like the Type S wing. But i was talkin with a buddy of mine, real smart fellow, and he was saying how the SH wing is so great because it actually starts to create downforce. At like 100 mph it supposedly starts to really make force. Thats why im gonna keep my SH wing, i do lots of 100+ driving. Just a lil tid bit of info for all you guys out there.

#16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Just get a replica and trade some (who has a base) for their rear deck and brake light.

But yes, you do need that 3rd light to pass inspection unfortunately. (atleast in VA u do)
I think that it is a federal requirement. I am not 100% sure though...

</font>

#19 ·
are you sure the oem wing adds downforce? because from the car reviews i have read the base and sh model have the same 140mph top speed. if the sh wing created downforce the sh should be slower than the base, no?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.