Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking and came up with this -

V-TEC owners do not have Torque On Demand like the Si owners do...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
this is true...that is why we make our h23/vtecs :bigthumb: but there is something that vtec owners have that si owners dont...190 hp...so same could be said about that

·
Registered
392 Posts
UBetterBelieveIt said:
I was thinking and came up with this -

V-TEC owners do not have Torque On Demand like the Si owners do...
ha, h22a owners do have a wider selection for aftermarket parts. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
H23 hybrid is the **** because of the integration of the best parts
or both motors!!!

Torque from the H23 bottom end
the H22 Head along with the Varible timing also has excellent flow
capabilities plus you can also strap a Greddy or Mugen header on instead of only DC as a alternative.

How do you think youre going to get a K20a in the lude??

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i am going to get a K20A in the lude by buying it first, and then looking at it and taking a pic with the Digi and photoshopping it......would the K20A be ANY good?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
UBetterBelieveIt said:
well, i am going to get a K20A in the lude by buying it first, and then looking at it and taking a pic with the Digi and photoshopping it......would the K20A be ANY good?
Quit thinking, it gets you nowhere.

·
Registered
854 Posts
ummm...wait a sec...oh ok i remember now, the vtec motor has MORE tourque than the h23 does..at like 750 or so rpms higher...so ha! :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUT, the Si motor has torque on DEMAND, yall have to get up into VTEC (which is a very very nice sound)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Oh know another flame war. Ive said this before and ill say it again..my h22 has MORE torque than my old h23 i/e/h motor had at any rpms! More torque on demand my booty:laugh: i thank my coolent mod i did to it for the low end torque cause when i first got it they were about equal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes, I am an ex h23 driver. I have experienced the change from h23 to h22.

Honestly, the difference lowend is not that noticeable, I will say the h23 actually did feel more torquey in the lower rpms, but its not like the h22 is a slouch... and I hope to get pulleys to get lower end gains. I ran on the p14 (h23 ecu) for a little bit and it felt just like an H23 w/o vtec! So I think the ecu has something to do with the low end, high end power. Just a thought :p

Even though the h23 might have more low end torque... would I trade my higher rpm fun for low end daily driving goodness? My opinion:

NO!

But hey its all personal preference, some like driving more effectively in traffic, I like to win :D

Not saying the h23 was slow by any means, I loved that thing, kept me happy :) just that when it became non-cost effective to maintain and constantly repair it gave me an opportunity to either rebuild and go turbo or get jdm h22a. I picked the JDM swap for conservative reasons. Plans currently are to go all motor...

I think most h23 ppl are h22 ppl in training, :laugh: that high mileage h23 aint going to last forever, and it won't be worth it to try to make it last either.... oh yea, the h22's don't have that notorious ticking and valves don't have to be constantly adjusted, at least not as much as h23s.

Anyways, both engines are great, both have downs and both have ups, one particularly after 5k rpm :bigthumb:

So lets just respect each other's engines aiiiiite. :)

my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.