Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my '97 SS Prelude for about 4 months now, with no mods so far. I'm getting the itch to make some sort of performance/handling mods to it, but I don't want to spend more than about $1500 Australian dollars (about US$750 - or preferably less). I've been looking at things like intakes, mufflers, lowering springs, strut-tower braces etc. How about some recommendations for best bang-for-bucks? It's all so confusing!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coil222:
Lowering springs and front/rear anti sway and an upper front strut.
Nice handeling upgrades

</font>
Koni/Ground Control setup and if you have enough left over, get a Neuspeed sway bar.

SAM

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
Koni/Ground Control setup and if you have enough left over, get a Neuspeed sway bar.

SAM
</font>
Agreed. If you get springs, get dampers as well. That will burn up $750 pretty quick.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
149 Posts
i am so glad that everyone focused on the suspension part.......

yes....get your 4 legs done.....or you can get some good tires....those are the most important part in a good suspension setup.

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ILoveMyLude:
What about if I wanted to lean towards powertrain modifications?</font>
You'll have way more fun w/ that suspension setup than you would if you bought a intake and exhaust. Your car will look better, handle better, and will actually have function to it, whereas the $750 spent on performance mods won't get you much HP (this excludes nitrous). This is not to say you shouldn't get it in the future, but the suspension is the best bang for the buck. Your money, your car, your choice. But if you are content w/ performance, get an AEM cold air intake ($200) and a good exhaust (greddy, tanabe, apex-i, or maybe a custom one).

SAM

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree about getting new tires!
Stock tires suck. Better tires will help with acceleration, handling, & braking. There's no other single mod that can do all that.

Put the rest of the money in a savings account, and save up for a full suspension kit...not just lowering springs.

If you wanted a car that is good at acceleration, you should have started out with a Mustang or Z28, or even a used 3000GT VR4, 300ZX TT, RX7, or Supra TT.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
997 Posts
Get a used set of Teins...thats what i wanna get next.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.