Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have this monster tach and an apexi rev speed meter.

Let me start off by saying i hate monster tachs and cringed as i bought one for myself - but its so damn useful. And this is why i could never mount it on the LEFT of the guage cluster - because its uselss there IMO.

so i'm debating whether or not to mount it simply on that middle dash piece, with the rev speed meter mounted next to it.

OR

to make a fiberglass piece that sort of "holds" both of them. However, this could never match the interior right, and just might look tackier than the "hardcore" version listed above.

What do you think?

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
myleftlung said:
do you have any pics what it looks like
u mean the fiberglass piece? it doesnt exist, it is only an idea

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
Just don't mount it like the guy on the cover of super street or sport compact did, that **** was fugly :nono:

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
khilgers said:
I say ditch the tach and just buy a shift light
i hate how ugly it is, but i cant deny how useful it is. I don't like looking down at the dash to grab those extra 100 RPMS before the rev-limiter as my car is trying to torque-steer.

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
^^allright, keep it, but I have seen someone around here that cut out the area above the vents and had it sit down in there about and 1". Looked pretty good IMO and a lot better than on the A piller

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
I've seen it mounted in the same location as the stock tach. The guy removed the original tach, did a little trimming on the plastic, and then flush mounted the entire Monster tach within the stock housing! Pics are over at superhonda.com if you want to do some searching, it's probably a 2 week old thread at the most.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
this thread is useless without PICS!!!

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NotoriouSH said:
I've seen it mounted in the same location as the stock tach. The guy removed the original tach, did a little trimming on the plastic, and then flush mounted the entire Monster tach within the stock housing! Pics are over at superhonda.com if you want to do some searching, it's probably a 2 week old thread at the most.
that would defeat the purpose.... :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts