Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to change my blades to silver ones, but I wasn't sure if the size fit the ones on the car. Does anyone know?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hahahaha..imagine if they had "INDIGLO" wipers? woo...hahahahaha...RICE!

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just bought some for my car (not silver, just normal black ones) and they're 19" for one and 21" for the other. I'm not sure which one's the left and right one though.

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
104 Posts
19" on the passenger side, 21" on the drivers side. I put some on my car a few weeks ago, and I think I should have gone maybe 1" longer on each blade (20"/22"). But they work just fine......

·
Registered
702 Posts
lol.
I think you just gave apc an idea

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
Hahahaha..imagine if they had "INDIGLO" wipers? woo...hahahahaha...RICE!

--Sam

</font>

·
Registered
702 Posts
You could paint them silver with rustoleum or something to that effect. Unless you are going for the CHROME look. /me shudders.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
canadian tire motomaster teflon wipers are pretty good. i had them on my old car.

thanks for the topic
now i have to go get some after work. rain season now.

by the way, u guys ever seen those retarded dual blade wipers?? i tried them last year and the design was flawed. it only worked OK during INSANE rain. But on the average rainfall, the first blade wipes the glass dry enough that the second blade just squeeks and causes the thing to constantly hop and rattle. its ends up making theglass just messy and splattered. so i returned them. dont waste your money on this design.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
canadian tire motomaster teflon wipers are pretty good. i had them on my old car.</font>

Yup - I also have the Crappy Tire Teflon ones. Hey - you're a friend of Andy's but don't think I know you. Got a real name..?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BluePowder7:

Yup - I also have the Crappy Tire Teflon ones. Hey - you're a friend of Andy's but don't think I know you. Got a real name..?
</font>
i just met andy last night when he allowed me to see his car and RS bodykit.

i'm jin.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
by the way guys, 19" + 21" wipers are in my opinion too small for gen5.

i put on 21" + 22". they fit nice without interfering with eachother... in fact, i think theres enough room for 22" + 24".

youre all wondering "who CARES, its just wipers".. i dunno, rain and snow distracts me so theres nothing like a good set of wipers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also use a layer of Prestone Windshield Rain Relief, and it works wonderfully, especially when the rain POURS down like mad - then I just put my wipers on intermittent and it's all good.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i'd say canadian tire teflon ones are the best ones around. but i think i have seen indiglo wipers .. or were they the indiglo washer spray nozzles.. i dunno... it's all the same =P

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BluePowder7:
I also use a layer of Prestone Windshield Rain Relief, and it works wonderfully, especially when the rain POURS down like mad - then I just put my wipers on intermittent and it's all good.</font>
this is true!!! i put this crap on twice a year and it works well. well worth 10 minutes of my time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ive used Bosch wiper blades on all my cars, and will put some on my Prelude when I need some. They work great, and last for a long time too. They do cost more than most blades, but are well worth in in a downpour at night, believe me!

------------------
2001 Prelude Base
Electron Blue Pearl
No mods yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well silver is a sick color, but becareful because it might reflect sun in ur eyes sometimes. in old cars, the black wears away revealing silver, which blinds you sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts