Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to change my spark plug as per 30K service. So i just wanted to know what spark plugs would be good to upgrade to or if there is anything out there thats better then stock

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
kirill, stick with the NGK, i went bosch for a short period of time, the car ran like crap

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
hustler904 said:
why not try one step colder copper plugs?zfr-7f11
you will get less performance with colder plugs if you don't need them. now if you need them, that is your only choice (FI/n2o/aggressively built N/A motor).

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
I have to change my spark plug as per 30K service. So i just wanted to know what spark plugs would be good to upgrade to or if there is anything out there thats better then stock
30K mile service doesn't call for a change in spark plugs. In fact, according to the Helms manual, you don't need to change plugs on the 5th gen until 105K miles.

And when you do for NA, the OEM plugs work best.

NGK: PZFR6F-11

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just went to a dealer ...they told me that i need to swap them out at 30K

WTF honda dont know DE-CK:mad:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
my car started running like crap at ~30K so i changed out the plugs...fixed it...sorta

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
i just went to a dealer ...they told me that i need to swap them out at 30K

WTF honda dont know DE-CK:mad:
They just wanted to make more money... greedy dealers...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
my car started running like crap at ~30K so i changed out the plugs...fixed it...sorta
5th gens have platinums. They're gonna last you 100K miles. Unless you're running really rich or really lean, or if you start going FI or use nitrous, I don't think swapping your plugs really necessary.

·
Registered
973 Posts
JakeTheSlayer said:

you will get less performance with colder plugs if you don't need them. now if you need them, that is your only choice (FI/n2o/aggressively built N/A motor).
in the owners manual it also says to use one step colder plugs if you live in hot climates or drive at high speeds. the colder plug will also allow you to advance the ignition timing further.

i have a JDM H22 with bolt-ons and run the 7 heat range all year round in NH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts