Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I basically want my music to sound BETTER. Not crazy about a lotta base or it being EXTREMELY loud, just want it to sound better.

I was thinking a head unit and maybe an amp? I am stupid when it comes to audio, help!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard head unit is a big thing.

But from what I have heard the OEM speakers are supposed to be real good??

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
they're decent i suppose
but a good aftermarket set will always sound better
infinty and polk are good for the money

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
Be honest with yourself and your budget.. is the best advice I could offer.
Since you didnt mention what gen lude you have. i will assume 5th gen. If so... I would swap out the front speakers.. and see if that helps what you are aiming for. Then change out the headunit.. and the rear speakers.... then maybe add some more bass in the trunk.

get ready for the sound in your car to totally be changed from the stock system... hope you like it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Headunit makes all the difference in the world. Also, proper installation makes a huge difference, too. The best thing you can do is listen to different types of headunits and speaker. I am personally partial to Alpine headunits, Eclipse components, and JL amps and subs.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never knew that the head unit made a big difference in terms of sound quality. I am probably going to end up with a good head unit because I am very into the look of the car.

Anyone know how much a nice looking Alpine unit will run me?

·
Registered
890 Posts
The cost depends on what you want. Take a look at www.crutchfield.com. They sell all of Alpine's head units, with plenty of pictures and detailed descriptions of the features. Their prices are high, but they come with a full manufacturer's warranty. If you're willing to lose the warranty, you can save at least $100 on just about any head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts