Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get another h23 put in my car after the timing belt snapped on my last one. I just got the car back yesterday and it seems to be running fine (93 with 50,000 miles). However, the idle speed is around 600rpm's. I think my other motor was idled higher than this. What is the idle suppose to be at? And if mine is low how do I fix it?
Also, when shifting, it is a lot harder to get my car into gears. Before the engine swap it was very easy to shift from gear to gear but now it seems like i have to force it into gear. Is this just because the transmission is connected to a new engine and will go away in time or should I take it back and get it fixed. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
How can i get my cars idle up to 650-750 range if it is at 600 now?
Also, any ideas about the rough shifting after the engine swap?

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SiLude:
Thanks,
How can i get my cars idle up to 650-750 range if it is at 600 now?
Also, any ideas about the rough shifting after the engine swap?
</font>
try tightening the throttle cable(make it tighter to raise) if you feel that there's too much play with the accelerator or adjust the idle screw located on the side, near the top of the tb, facing out away from the driver's side.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok... so i can increase my idle by turing the screw that is on the top of the throttle body facing away from the drivers side but what way should i turn it... also if i am not experencing any play in the acclerator is tightening the throttle cable unnecessary.

Finally, when you swap a motor (keep the same tranny) do you have to drain teh transmission fluid in order to hook the motor to the tranny? If so could my notchy shifting be due to the mechanic forgetting to replace the fluid? any other guesses?
thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts