Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is a good shade of tint i should get...i want it dark, but not dark enough so that ill get pulled over five times a day...and i want to be able to see out of my rear window at night...

·
Registered
398 Posts
i got 15% all around. never been cited for it. not too dark at night either. my brother put 5% limo tint on his ride, and it's such a hassle backin up coz you can't see crap at night.

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
i currently have, and have had for the past 2 years, 5% in the rear 3 windows, and 20% in the front. i managed fine with it, but honestly, it gave me the hardest time backing up at night because i couldnt see a thing....a cop followed me once and i couldnt tell it was cop. if you want dark, imo, 20% is enough, anything more is overkill. i plan on ripping out my 5% for 20% or 35% after summer.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ahhh 35% is too light imo....stick with the 20%...i think im gonna have to rip out my tint and redo it 15% all around

·
Registered
548 Posts
what's the law in yer state?

most states are so anal about tint =/

try 20% all around to be on the semi-safe side.
think you'll like this if you don't want it tooooo dark, but not light

·
Premium Member
9,785 Posts
Also stands out more depending on the color of the car, for instance, here is my old white lude with 20% all the way around.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My white prelude has 20% reflective with another layer of 5% solid black all the way around, including the front drivers/passanger windows. On my windshield, I have 35% all the way down (yes my entire windshield has 35% on it).

Tint is :D

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
i say 20% is good.... i lik them durin the day is nice @ nite is jet black...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well 98VTEC and I were talking about tint in his tint thread and in PA i think 35% is good...ill have to look at the thread again to see if i can go lower altho the chart he posted up is confusing as hell and i dont know whats what:shrug:

if anyone is interested or knows how to read that damn chart(its a link) heres the thread:

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118157

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
In Iowa, 70% is the max allowed for the front windows. I went with 35% all around. With black interior, and a slight factory tint, 35% looks quite a bit darker on a 5th gen than it does on other cars. I also have no problems seeing out at night with 35%, although you can hardly see in.

Personally, I think it's enough of an improvement that I'm very happy with the tint, yet I don't think it'll stand out so much as to get me pulled over.

The absence of a front license plate, on the other hand...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sabs do you have any pics of your car? I want to see what 35% tint all the way around looks like because thats what i plan on doin to my 5th gen when i get it. My old car had 35% in the front and 20% in the back. It is Onyx Black which is supposed to be a little more reflective than regular black tint.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Imported204: I don't have pictures with the tint as I just had it done yesterday... I'm sure I'll take some more pics by the end of the weekend, so I'll try to remember to post some up at that time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts