Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 53.8%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at lazycreation's poll I want to know what y'll think about my setup. Currently I have the following mods on my 5th Gen - take into consideration that it's an Automatic :(

AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys
DC Header (Ceramic)
Apex'i WS Catback Exhaust
Neuspeed Sport Springs

What do you suggest I get next? Looking for performance increase so no rims/tires and bodykit ...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tranny swap would be nice except i doubt it is reliable at all - even if I can find all the parts the labor will kill me as I have absolutely no clue how to do it!

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I would suggest getting n2o. It is my favorite mod I have done so far. I don't know if I would suggest doing a tranny swap though. It would probably kill your resale value. If you are going to do a swap get a different car, preferably something that is RWD. I wish I had got pulleys and n2o right of the bat, and saved my money.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
5Gen_Prelude said:
It's reliable - there's quite a few on here that have done it. Do some searching - it's the only non-FI mod that will give you considerable gains.
It is kind of a spendy mod if his SS trany is still running strong. Not to mention you will be without a car for a while.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my SS is good so far *knock on wood* at 56K miles and I do have the extended warranty incase something happens ... although I'd have to find a way to return it to stock it will be cheap to fix the car ... I haven't gotten around to installing the tranny cooler I bought for it that should certainly "help" if anything can ... pretty much I just want to know what I can get good gains with I do not want to do a tranny swap it costs too much money - would those crower 2 cams w/ new cam gears gimme atleast 10whp or should I just get the n2o and call it quits??!??! so confused ...

·
I'm back!
1,161 Posts
Im done with mine, simple and plain, once im done paying for school, a house then a BMW..........No tranny swap.......Instead of that, it's gonna be a new car instead.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
abavus said:
my SS is good so far *knock on wood* at 56K miles and I do have the extended warranty incase something happens ... although I'd have to find a way to return it to stock it will be cheap to fix the car ... I haven't gotten around to installing the tranny cooler I bought for it that should certainly "help" if anything can ... pretty much I just want to know what I can get good gains with I do not want to do a tranny swap it costs too much money - would those crower 2 cams w/ new cam gears gimme atleast 10whp or should I just get the n2o and call it quits??!??! so confused ...
the price between cams and n2o is going to be a wash (well, refills will cost you a little), but with the n2o you can easily and safely have 50 more whp and around 100 more tq. It is just something you have to experience to realize what a good option n2o is for someone who doesn't need to go fast all the time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone ever gotten cams or n20 kit installed at a local performace shop? how much do they usually want for it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts