Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of motor oil should I use? I have always gone to the dealership, but now I want to start doing it on my own. What do you guys think I should go with? I will be using 5W-30

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
^^^what he said^^^

no burning oil either*knock on wood*

·
Registered
338 Posts
either mobil 1 if you are going the synthetic route or Castrol GTX--but honestly as long as it is SAE approved it'll be fine- I personally use the two that I mentioned before, but its your call

·
Registered
85 Posts
I,d have to consider ROYAL PURPLE, the best synthetic oil on the market today.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
i use royal purple 5w30

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by plar
I,d have to consider ROYAL PURPLE, the best synthetic oil on the market today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferrari said:

And you base that on what? What does Royal Purple have that Amsoil, Redline and Motul don't?
hes a noob, let it slide

but i agree, it certainly isnt the best or the worst...who are we to say which oil is the best??? right? its all opinion, and we tend to use what works well for us....unless some institution did a test on the oils and has officially declared one of them the best than...well you get my drift...theyre all top notch, some might want to use them and others may not, its all personal preference:bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ve tried mostly all the oils out there in some of my past cars and like i said i prefer royal purple it feels a lot better and makes my car feel new to me. Who are you guys to criticize, the guy asked which oil we prefer and i gave my opinion so dont worry about my opinion as i was answering soccer3303 questions not yours ferrari. AN LIKE I SAID " I'd CONSIDER " sounds like an opinion. NOOB or OLD MEMBER ---- besides its PRELUDE ONLINE an not A$$ HOLES ONLINE. ( to the ones that cant handle opinions.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I run Amsoil 5w30 in the winter and 10w30 in the summer. My friends Dad is a dealer so he gives me a good deal on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts