Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 99 Prelude. I love the car, but i would like it to make a bit more noise than it does. The catch is i also don't want it to sound like some 92' civic with an exhaust leak and a fart can. My friend recommended a cold air intake to get a better tone and a bit more volume. I was wondering what other people have used and and how much they payed for them. Also interested in possibly buying a used intake from someone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
AEM cold air- Best sound. Its quiet and unnoticeable until you decide to let your right foot out of its cage.

·
Turbo Fanboy
425 Posts
I installed an AEM intake on my Prelude.... Circa 2000.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
get a real iceman intake. in the old days before the v2 and easily findable type-s, it was the best performing intake. it's made of a plastic similar to the K&N intakes you see mounted at pepboys and kragens, so it really does keep the intake cooler than any metal intake. mine only gets warm to really warm to the touch, but i can always touch it for as long as i want. yeah baby.

stupid sticker always melts off the plastic though, but i got the black one and it looks stock enough that the cops don't give me hassle. one even tried to help fix the arm that bolts near the fender wall. then he asked me how i keep my engine bay so clean and startched touching everywhere... no baby...

cost like $60 to $120. well worth it because you don't have to hammer the hole in your chassis wider like aem ones and you can use it as cold air or short ram. only sucky thing is it uses a 0 shaped filter instead of a o... oval vs round opening.

just giving you a good recommendation based on my experience before lots of people come in here telling you get a search intake. that's just looney because there's only like 3 or 4 ever made so you'll never ever find one. why even bother suggesting it.

i recently got an aem cold air too so i can dyno test it against my iceman. just curious if iceman still kicks aem butt after 8 years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the answers so far.The reason i didn't just search is that maybe there is some new products out that arn't talked about in the older threads. Also, im also intersted in buying a used one, so maybe someone here has one they can let go of that isn't listed for sale.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I just have an AEM short ram on it. Hell I'd probably even trade it for a stock intake/airbox.

·
Registered
58 Posts
type s with k&n

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Thanks for the answers so far.The reason i didn't just search is that maybe there is some new products out that arn't talked about in the older threads. Also, im also intersted in buying a used one, so maybe someone here has one they can let go of that isn't listed for sale.
I would LOVE for you to list me all the "new" products out there for an 18 year old engine that hasn't been covered in older threads.

Yeah, there might be new names on the same product, but that doesn't mean that's a new product.

·
Granny Shifter
247 Posts
I have an Injen Short Ram in black. None of that CAI stuff for me. The extra .00004749479376384 hp isn't worth the risk of hydrolock. And IMO short rams sound better.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
I'm another faithful proponent of the Search Intake System w/ Noobulization filter technology.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
If the Search isn't your bag, you can also try to import one of these babies:

1998 JDM Prelude Type R intake.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts