Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help, my tires are getting all messed up dude to camber wear. I have 18" and if i get a camber they will hit the fender well, so im going to get 17 so i can get a kit but i don't know what kind of kit should i get. thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I installed the kits from Northstar Mfg www.northstarmfg.com on my SH about 2 1/2 years ago and I've been very happy with them. I think my alignment in the rear is now even better than it came from the factory. When I rotate tires, there is no uneven wear on the rears, like pre-camber kits.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got similar ones on mine. Just make sure you have someone who knows what they're doing install them. I've had them on about a year and they're great. No uneven tire wear.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
if you want more options and see what fits what do a search for camber kits and by the user LegoMahEggroll....

he did a great write up on what camber kits fit what and what are out there for the lude

·
Registered
928 Posts
northstar is the ony company that actually manufacturers camber kits for the SH and everyone else buys them from them and rebadges them including progess and specialty products so for an SH options are limited

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Northstar Mfg part no. is 41-530 and 4 parts are required for front and rear at $67.15 each. The price may be different now - that was 2 years ago. I'm running 215/40-ZR17 Yoko Parada Spec II's on my SH with no rubbing but I did have to trim a bit of the plastic bumper flange, where it gets mated to the wheel well sheetmetal. No Big prob. Also, I'm dropped about 1.25" from stock.

·
Registered
804 Posts
northstar is the ony company that actually manufacturers camber kits for the SH and everyone else buys them from them and rebadges them including progess and specialty products so for an SH options are limited

wrong......i have spc kits on my sh.......the only major difference on the sh anyways is that lower arm thatruns from the center of the car, and atts. go with sp,they make a good kit......go ask ronald himself, hedid the writeup on the camber kits, he'll tell u spc are good kits...

·
Registered
268 Posts
You will definately burn thru tires quickly if you don't do the camber kits, even with only a 1.25" drop. The rears are the biggest prob since there is *no* adjustment as it came from the factory. Good tires are expensive. The camber alignment also helped negate some rubbing that I was getting on the rears.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
you should of got an alignment right after you got dropped....you could of avoided the camber wear issue you have now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts