Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to the forums but I wanted to know what is the best 5th gen honda prelude to having like the best handling, most power and stuff like that. Can someone answer my question

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
For the US? Probably the Type SH, but the Base had the same engine and power, but without the trick differential.
From anywhere? The Type S and SiR S-Spec from Japan. They had 22 more HP than the US units, stock.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
At this point I wouldn't get the Type-SH. The parts just aren't available anymore once you start losing simple stuff like oil pressure sensors, plus the ATTS system eats a few HP. Get the base 5th gen manual. Whenever you have to do the clutch put in a LSD and be done with it overall and just replace parts like shocks with nicer stuff like Koni yellows when the stock stuff wears out. Though what's the reason for targeting a 5th gen Prelude? There's a bunch of cars that's faster and handle on par for the same price and would be easier to find. Part of the reason why the Prelude was discontinued was because it simply didn't sell well as it was the beginning of the end of many coupes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts