Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to reconsider of getting GC, since they are no spring that can drop only 1". What is the range of GC??

·
Registered
235 Posts
I thought they were 1-4" no?

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

·
Registered
474 Posts
Acually tanabe has a spring that will drop your car only 1" and they are nice and stiff, but stiff in a good way.. sustecs they are called, I think....

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
I think the range on GC was 0-slammed

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

Finger Lakes Region SCCA

Road Rally / G-Stock Solo II

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, type-S intake
15.040 @ 92.85 w/RS*R

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by ppl that Coilover is bad for ppl who live in places that uses lot of salt in the winter...any opion??

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a1andres:
Acually tanabe has a spring that will drop your car only 1" and they are nice and stiff, but stiff in a good way.. sustecs they are called, I think....</font>
Yeah, they are the Tanabe Sustec Super-H springs. I just ordered some from Options Auto Salon. Price was about $149+s/h

------------------

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
GC's are rated to drop between 0.5" and 3.0".

So even at the highest, its still a tad lower than stock.
</font>
I think they drop even lower than that...3.5". Not that I'll ever slam mine THAT much

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

LET'S GO BLUES!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I was told by ppl that Coilover is bad for ppl who live in places that uses lot of salt in the winter...any opion??</font>
You just have to make sure you keep them clean when you live or drive in the snow. Dirty areas can be a problem too.

If they get dirty, they are hard to adjust; nearly impossible by yourself. Dirt and salt get stuck in the threads, and the collar can get stuck.

As long as they are kept clean, they should be fine.

JP

G

·
If you want to slam it, why not just take out the springs and ride on the bump stops?????

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You should probably pick a new hobby, I have a feeling you will be getting ripped off by prospective retailers. Mainly because of your lack of knowledge in the huge aftermarket industry.

Don't take that statement offensively...it's just that you were looking at Ground Control's and their products are only coil-over systems and you had no idea what adjustments can be made with a coil-over setup.

------------------
-Hua
95 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 with I.C.E.
98 Yamaha YZF600 with a D&D Slip-on pipe
AIM: DieselHua
http://www.streetimage.net

<A HREF="http://www.ha-deluxe.net/chat.htm" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts