Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the cat goes bad does anything happen to the injectors? or the fuel pump?
i think i accidently did this because they guy said it was unleaded but i think it was leaded. i had problems with my cat and honda replaced it under warranty for me already but anything wrong with the injectors
i had a cel when the cat was bad but now eerything is ok

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Isn't the O2 sensor sensitive to leaded fuel as well?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Keith said:
I don't any gas stations that are selling leaded gas anymore.
That's true isn't it! You might have just got a bad tank of gas. Sometimes stations dump toxic waste in the holding tanks to get rid of it instead of paying someone to haul it off. Stinks but it happens.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
blahblahblah said:
I think he might mean diesel.
diesel is a :nono:, but he is talking about leaded fuel.

if you run diesel there will be a big cloud of smoke wherever you go and your exhaust will smell like diesel pretty bad. I'm sure it isn't good on sensors.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The leaded fuels frequently used in Honda's are race fuels (like C-16 - 116 octane, etc.). They will damage your cat (if you have one), and will also decrease the life of your O2 sensor. Don't worry about your injectors when using leading fuel, it won't harm them. Just monitor your O2...or pull it out and plug the hole when using race fuel.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yep, lead blows your O2's and your Cat. I ran VP red race fuel for an entire summer two years ago and it killed all my emmision crap.

Here's the funny sory to go along with this... I got the fuel after the Detroit Grand Prix. The Trans Am cars run this stuff and there were four 55 gallon drums left after the race. My dad worked their and he hid the drums and brought over fuel every day for me. What a sweet summer that was! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Keith said:
I don't any gas stations that are selling leaded gas anymore.
Exactly what I was thinking...Hope nothing too bad happened...

J

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Paluce said:
Yep, lead blows your O2's and your Cat. I ran VP red race fuel for an entire summer two years ago and it killed all my emmision crap.

Here's the funny sory to go along with this... I got the fuel after the Detroit Grand Prix. The Trans Am cars run this stuff and there were four 55 gallon drums left after the race. My dad worked their and he hid the drums and brought over fuel every day for me. What a sweet summer that was! :bigthumb:

now that is hilarious...lemme guess, you've used all already too:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts