Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got his brothers 5th gen and he was surprised when I told him u need to put at least 91 octane. he's filled up about 4 or 5 times with regular (87).

what are the effects of that?

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
poor performance, octane knock, possible detonation(but not very likely)...

just make sure he dun do it again.. :laugh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i told him I'll have to kick his ass if he does it again

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Its not going to hurt anything but performance. It may cause pinging also but you are fine just dont make it a common thing.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Yep, the knock sensor will detect it and will retard your timing. Will you notice it? Probably not, but you should tell your friend to save some extra money for premium, the motor will appreciate it.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
I've never put anything but Premium in my car... everyone is correct in saying you shouldn't make a habit out of it.

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
the car will explode!!!

jk :p :)

i put 87 in my car once, just wasn't thinking. didn't hurt anything, but as others have said, avoid it :)

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ahhh just put some 110 octane in that mofo!!!!!!!!!!

j/k....91 and up only!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he was telling me how it felt a lot smoother w/ premium. i said no ****! and slapped him upside the head.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
lol, yeah, uhh, I didn't do it. my friend's brother did it. yeah, I told him he was a moron. I can't believe he didn't know...

uhh yeah, so, why is it bad? cause I didn't do it, but my friend did.
:laugh: uh huh. ;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I felt a loss of performance when I put in 89. Damn gas station ran out of 91 :rolleyes:

It's also suprising to me that people don't look at their gauges where it says "Premium Fuel Only"

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:
"It's also suprising to me that people don't look at their gauges where it says "Premium Fuel Only"

My thoughts exactly.:rolleyes:

93 Octane here!

-Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
search, it wont do anything harmful because like many people have said your car will automatically retard the timing causing you to loose a little power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts