Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering what exactly this is? I think i might be getting some, but don't really know what it is?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i would like to know also....i might have an idea but i want to know if its right

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
hmmm, i would say its when you let out your clutch and it kinda bounces off the pressure plate. But i could be misunderstanding also.

·
grrrrrrr
1,574 Posts
Well with my clutchmasters there is a tiny bit of chatter depending on temp conditions, etc. Basically when I rev it up to the proper rpm to launch normally and start to disengage the clutch, it will sometimes vibrate a little. It's like when you don't give it enough gas sometimes and your engine is about to stall and it starts vibrating and shaking - it's like a mild form of that. But in my case it doesn't stall when I continue to take the clutch out. So theres just this quick shaking or chatter when the clutch first engages. I believe the cause of it stems from the stiffer springs so it doesn't engage quite as smoothly - I think.

HOwever, when I rev it up for a race launch, it is a different story. It just catches and goooooooooooeeeeeesssssssss

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
my act hd-ss chatters scared me at first but i just think its a 'characteristic' of it. get used to it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys think that better engine mounts would help that at all??

·
grrrrrrr
1,574 Posts
how would that change the fact that an upgraded clutch has stiffer springs on the hub or no springs at all, making the engagement a little harsher?? I dunno...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
OneLudeDude said:
my act hd-ss chatters scared me at first but i just think its a 'characteristic' of it. get used to it.
Yup! Mine too... I was a little worried, until I read this thread...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
About the motor mounts....

NOT AT ALL!!! The inserts exagerate the chatter even more. The soft stock ones absorb the chatter, the ES ones dont. Ever since I installed my inserts I can feel it a lot unless I slip the clutch more than normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts