Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Not without extensive modification. But you can do anything for the right amount of money. I never noticed my car was slow. Maby you need a tune-up? It would cost you more in the modification and cost of the engine to make it feasable. Your better off building a strong block and going with FI. Or if your cheap (like me) you can go the nitrous route.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
agreed....the power you make is limited to how much you want to spend

·
Shirt Rippa
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just don't understand why the best we can do is 13's with FI and bunch of mods. I like my prelude alot, and I would much rather have a fast prelude over ... a supra lets say. But a stock supra with minimum changes can do 13's. It almost seems pointless to try to make our cars really fast. Yet, Aren't there civics that can do 10's with our engine :confused: Do they just put more money in the car ??? I'm probablly just ignorant, but thats the way things seem to me.

Some one enlighten me. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weight transfer is a FWD cars enemy. Preludes arent made for doing the quarter mile anyway, they are better track cars.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
there isn't much we can do. I think honda tried to design the best small motor they could back in 1992, and they really did a good job. I mean, you can telll the intake and exhaust from they factory are designed well since you don't gain anything by putting aftermarket stuff on. the reason why civics can be a lot faster is weight. put your car on a diet and you will see a difference (at the track, not on your butt). however you will kinda lose all the things a prelude has that is nice by gutting it, so it is up to you. if you really want a fast car then look around at other cars. hell, take a look at the new srt-4 neon, that will lay some decent numbers down for the money. plus I'm sure there are some cheap good mods for them too.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
basically the lude is one fat mofo...lol j/k....she needs to go on a diet.....the only reason the civic does so well with our motor is because its much much lighter than our car.....remember less weight+alot of hp=quick times....

also known as horsepower-to-weight ratio

·
Registered
217 Posts
cut out some of the chassis, remove all internals, shave some of the interior firewall and fender, then think about a big block 525, new rear end, extensive customized body work and adaptations, and figure out a way to keep the s.o.b on the ground lol

i figure that if you have money you can do pretty much anything, but with a prelude its only wise to FI or use nitrous or an extreme engine build-up if you looking for speed

another good way is to save up, say.... 10 grand, and go to a chevy dealership and put it down on a brand new z06, and finance it, it will feel JUST LIKE A PRELUDE I SWEAR!

`knight

ok it won't, it's sad when you grandma drives a z06 and acts like your car is cooler :( dammit! i hope i'm in the will! j/k

·
Registered
217 Posts
oh yea, and we need to make some sort of Weight Watchers program for the prelude, you know, where we can drive in once a week, and see if we lost or gained weight

most of us gain weight, we're obese

`knight

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
XilverKnight said:
... remove all internals, ...<SNIP>

Yea pistons are your worst enemy. Pull those things out right now. They weight way to much ... it slows your fatboi down. :laugh: :bigthumb: ... i seriously call my lude a fatboi. ... but i put MYSELF on a diet and things got a little faster :) ... what do you skinny guys do when you dont have money for mods?:laugh: :bigthumb:

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
NX wet kit.... 75 shot....it would make 10 lb heavier but 60-70 hp faster.... lolz

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
w/ money you can do whatever you want. if you're lookin for a serious, easier engine swap, then you're basically lookin at a JDM Type S engine, but I wouldn't do it unless you need to replace your whole engine anyway, or you've got cash to blow an you want to be able to say that you did it :rolleyes: ::shrug::

I'd just look for a JRSC/turbo to get you the power you want.....or you can get nitrous an do it cheap

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
JaXx4k said:
NX wet kit.... 75 shot....it would make 10 lb heavier but 60-70 hp faster.... lolz
nope, more like 30 lbs heavier. Bottle weighs 14.5 lbs by itself. Add 10 lbs of nitrous, 24.5 lbs. add solenoids and steel braided hoses and switches. like 30 lbs...:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts