Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to change my distributor cap and rotor, and the timing belt.

is there anything else that needs to be changed?, i think ive heard that i need to replace the water pump also so am i missing anything?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just gonna toss that new timing belt on there, huh? ;)

well, it's not a bad idea to change the water pump, but it's not absolutely necessary. You just do it because it's ~45 for a pump, and it's such a pain to get to if it goes bad. The belt is around 40 if i recall, and the cap and rotor are about 35.

Um, not to give you a rough time or anything, but do you know what you're getting into? And i just checked your profile. It says you have a 2000 sh. Unless you've been putting ALOT of miles on your car you shouldn't yet be to the point where you need to change the belt.

Again, not to doubt your know how or ability or anything. Just if you don't know, i'm trying to save you a real hassle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
biggest pain in the ace!

I would really think about replacing it before you jump into a job like that... It really is a pain in the ace :D

I know because i'm going to be help a couple of friends work on his 4th Gen, doing the exact samething.

Good Luck :bigthumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive done a cap and rotor before, havent done a t-belt yet but maybe i should just check it before deciding to replace it...

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
timing belt, a/c belt, water pump, tensioners to be changed at the same time since they're in the way too so you don't have to pay for 2 times labor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts