Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a huge (noticeable) power cut when spraying starting from 6.5k and up all the way to redline. It seems like nitrous stops flowing in but the bumped up fuel pressure is still there, causing me to run horribly rich or something. It doesn't matter what shot i'm running, but it's more noticeable the bigger the shot I use.

This is frustrating... It's not bottle pressure, I have a heater and it's always at or a little past 900... I have had this problem for a while now and I am too afraid to spray til I get it fixed. I don't wanna start buying random NOS parts replacing **** to figure out that it's NOT the solenoids or whatever.

Anyone got a cheap air/fuel gauge for sale?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Do you have a fuel safety switch? Your pressure may be dropping too low for nitrous and the fuel pressure safety switch will cut the nitrous flow. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to verify this?

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
po0p said:
yeah i have a fuel pressure safety switch. Where can i get a fuel pressure gauge that can be monitored while driving inside the car?
you might try bypassing the switch, and run a small shot (you should be able to tell with a 35 shot) for just a quick burst and see if it does the same thing.

as for getting a fuel pressure guage for inside, I would recommend a digital one. just check out www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com and see what one you like the best.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Have you messed around with the fuel safety switch lately. They usually have a set screw that adjust the minimum pressure. Once a wire came loose on mine.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i haven't touched the safety switch since i've installed it. I don't think my fuel system is failing to put enough pressure out....unless there's something wrong with the nitrous pressure regulator which i doubt because NOS (so cal speed shop) themselves put that one together for me - then again, they might have ****ed it up somehow ..... hm.

I think I will try bypassing the safety switch and do 1 pull in 2nd gear. What do you guys think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.