Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the bulbs from the heater controls and cruise control buttons and painted them blue. Having installed them all back I seem to be left with a green tint!

What colour did you paint your bulbs? Any pictures? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I believe most people who are doing this are using LED's and not actually painting the bulbs... you might want to Jon (Ludatic) and he could probably help you out

·
Registered
818 Posts
painting the bulbs isn't such a good idea. since the stock bulbs r orange, painting them won't give u the desired color(unless u do red, orange or yellow of course). and yes u would want to swap out the bulbs in place of wutever color LEDs u would like to use.

if ur unsure as to whether u can do this or not, there are a few people on this board who can do the LED conversion. Jon (Ludatic) is probably the most well known here. i'm also able to do it. otherwise there is a write up on it if u decide to do it ur self

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
BOO YA, pic whoring time

damn too much red huh

:malken::malken::malken::malken::malken::malken::malken::malken::malken:

anyway as they stated, painting the bulbs blue wont get u the right tint you want... if you want it to show up blue you could paint em darker and darker, but u sacrifice brightness.

i remember someone managed to get it to show up blue for the cruise/moonroof/dimmer (since they're individual bulbs where as in the climate control there's only 3 total), but it died away after a few weeks and originally went back to amber

i suggest you consult the FAQ, pious has a write-up, great for those who like trying this stuff on their own :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, just the sort of info I was looking for! I'll see if I can find LED versions of my bulbs here in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Thanks guys, just the sort of info I was looking for! I'll see if I can find LED versions of my bulbs here in the UK.
leds are different from regular bulbs,and to do the cruise,moonroof,ac,etc. you have to solder the leds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts