Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am goin to be sprayin a 75 shot this summer and am goin to need a new clutch. I just wanted to hear your opinions on what clutch to get. I obviously want something similiar to stock feel, but I know its going to be harder for a clutch that will last with my N20. Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have an ACT Xtreme clutch with a fidanza flywheel. The clutch is a beast. Its not am mushy wimp like stock, so its definately harder to push in, and at first will make driving a bit new and fresh. But your left leg will get stronger, pushing in the clutch now feels stock to me, but if I were to try and drive a stock clutch, I would probably put my foot through the floor. Dont spend $300 on a clutch that doesnt hold much more than stock, get mone that can handle future upgrades.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toretto said:
I have an ACT Xtreme clutch with a fidanza flywheel. The clutch is a beast. Its not am mushy wimp like stock, so its definately harder to push in, and at first will make driving a bit new and fresh. But your left leg will get stronger, pushing in the clutch now feels stock to me, but if I were to try and drive a stock clutch, I would probably put my foot through the floor. Dont spend $300 on a clutch that doesnt hold much more than stock, get mone that can handle future upgrades.
Yeah I know that I will need a clutch that will hold the 75 shot of N2O and I know that its gonna have a lot different feel I was just wantin to get some opinions on which clutch you guys prefer for you N2O.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Using the ACT Street... not much harder to push than sock but grabs a hell of alot more and holds more HP than before.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Exedy organic clutch and pressure plate. I haven't tested it yet on the bottle, but it is supposed to hold 300 hp easily. We'll see.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Arent clutches supposed to be rated for torque? I know my ACT is rated for 380lbs or torque. Alot more than my Lude is ever gonna make.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Toretto said:
Arent clutches supposed to be rated for torque? I know my ACT is rated for 380lbs or torque. Alot more than my Lude is ever gonna make.
I talked to David at R and D and asked him if my Exedy would hold 300 whp and he said yes. That is what I am going off of. I don't care what Exedy rates it at, I would rather my money on David than Exedy. Torque is a function of horsepower, so I'm sure you could convert it if you felt the need to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
act pressure plate, stock disk. hold my 75 shot fine...:D

had it for about a year now, and have finished about 20 12# bottles

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
For all you guys reccomending ACT, read this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=511745
some guy from ACT started saying that their clutches aren't up to running with a light flywheel. Not knocking the brand, but you gotta wonder about how they stand behind their product, if that's their explination for the spring cages breaking....

·
Registered
179 Posts
ive been hearing alot of bad about act lately but ive had this clutch for a while now and it hasnt given me any problems, maybe its only the newer clutches? i dont know....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont know what to get now. It seems like I go back and forth between exedy and ACT. Oh well I still have awhile before I will need a new one.

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
I don't know if ACT is bad, but you have to wonder what's going on when their CTO says that their clutches can't handle a lightweight flywheel... You'd think they would realize that most people installing a HD clutch will also install a lighter-than-stock flywheel. Also, they sell lightweight flywheels, and don't mention the incompatibility on their website....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts