Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get up early clean my car from tip to toe inside and out to go to the Palisades auto-x and meet some of you guys. On the way up there I stop to get a cup of coffee for my daily fix and this guy comes in and tells me someone just wrecked my car. I was parked in an end spot like I always do and someone (81 y/o man) came out of the carwash across the street and floored it! He went through the carwash parking ot, across the street, over a curb then over a parking barrier hit my passenger side door, quater panel, and bumper cover. He kept going across a VERY busy street almost taking out someone on a motorcycle into another parking lot hit the building then crashed in the loading dock. There were two cops sitting in the parkuing lot right where he ended up that saw the entire thing happen. I had my Advantix camera with me so no pics right now but as soon as I get the pics back I'll post them up. My stomach is soooo messed up right now I feel sick. You cuoldn't imagine how much time and effort I put into that car to make it still look brand new after 34k miles. I'm just lucky I wasnt walking back to it when this guy plowed through the lot.

So how was the auto-x guys? Anyone miss me?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ohh one other thing does anyone know if the other persons insurance has to pay me for my rental car? And also what the criteria is for a totaled car? My quater panel is pushed so far in teh back window sticks out and the C (?) pillar is bent back all the way to the roof.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
ah damn. murphys law.

I am really sorry about your car. I think DMV needs to give senior citizens a driving exam to allow them to drive. That is awful.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
you can have your car fixed anywhere you want and it has to look exactly like it did before until you're satisfied. his insurance should pay for a rental for the duration of your car being fixed. and you should tell them about how much work u put in that car for the show, and get punitive damages
if not, just ask for a check for the difference in resale value after an accident. just some extra money to pay for some stuff you lost fixing up the car. good luck bro

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I already have the car at the shop that's going to do it. I already brought it there and left the key and a message so it'll be assesed ASAP but who knows? Now I'd like to sell the car and get a new one especially with the problems I've had but I'd wind up getting hosed on a new one. Hmmmm ITR in Phoenix Yellow..mmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
dude.. that really is a perfect case of murphys law...

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
GODDAMN MAN! That seriously SERIOUSLY sucks big time. At least you were no where near it when it happened. Aww man.
x's infinity.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Man, very sorry to hear that!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Oh damm!
That's some crazy shiiit TPG!

Very sorry to hear that dude! That answers why we didn't see u at the auto-x today.

FYI- an insurance company will pay for damages up to ~80% of the entire car's value. After that they'll just total it.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. I just went down to my car and took the red H off the back before somone else did. I noticed that there's a higher crease in the C pillar..it's right at the roofline. I also noticed that the rear window, frame and all is pushed about 2 inches back from where it should be. I do know it won't be totaled..I'd going to guess between $7-9k in damage but what's done is done.

I do know this car is going when it's finished at the shop. I'm going to try and get a '01 Satin Silver base model. I figure with the OEM kit my TEIN's, and a set of wheels I'd be just as happy. I'm going to keep the CF kit, JDM's and the TEIN's. Evertyhting else is going to be sold with the car and I'll just start again.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Awww man..i'm sorry to hear that. Oh well.. like you said..at least you didn't get hit while you were in the car or walking to it.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Just curious.......what happened to the old guy driving? Hurt bad?</font>
Yeah he was messed up really bad. He didn't have his seat belt on and when I finally got my balls out of my throat I walked across the street to talk the cops and just caught a glimpse of him. He was covered in blood and the police said they had to take him to Nyack hospital because he has bad head an neck injuries. I feel bad for him but at the same time it makes me scared that there are thousands of other older people out there that really shouldn't be behind the wheel anymore.

Oh he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, I'm sure his injuries would've been far less if he were. Just a word of advice to all you fellow luders.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts