Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front headlights are looking very foggy and nasty with film. I know you can use some kind of grit sandpaper and sand them down and make them look like new again, but I just don't know the procedure to do it. Can any body post the steps and materials needed to do this.
thanks
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
At work we use 1k wet sand paper and then we got some buffing compound and buff them out. But I'll try this 2k n then to 1500.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Meguiar's sells a headlight cleaning kit with a drill buffer thingy and the plastic polish...it's like 20 bucks, and it will save you spending ALL day sanding...I used it, and it works pretty well. My headlights were also foggy on the inside though...sigh....

·
Registered
257 Posts
you can also go to home depot and buy a polishing wheel for a drill that is like 8$ which worked really well for me
make sure you tape off the area really well to prevent accidental sanding of the paint....as below.....then what they looked like after I was done!

:bigthumb:

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
I just used the PlastX compound and a drill with a pad, worked great and no need to sand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts