Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apexi DUNK 115 series, for my h22, anybody else running this one? Easy to install? *ANY* gains at all?

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Welp?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberCivicSi:
hey i have question aboot grizzlies. there seems to be a couple mating behind the pine tree and they keep me up all night. what should i do. :D</font>

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh what's that mean

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

·
Registered
416 Posts
as far as the install goes, the biggest problems you'll have is getting some of the bolts off.

use plenty of liquid wrench and let it soak over nite.

use the biggest ratchet, wrench you can find and use a breaker bar.

here's a lil "unconventional" method i use to break the torque on tough bolts.

I cover the bolt with masking tape, which does two things

1.provides extra grip
2.thus prevents slips and stripping the bolts.

it also holds the ratchet tightly in place over the bolt, allowing me to use my method, which is to "kick" the ratchet.

yeah, you heard right. kick the ratchet. now if you ain't confident in the abilities of your foot, then don't use this method. but i've used this method every single time and it hasn't failed me yet.

and with the three bolts that hold your existing exhaust to that cat...you will haave to kick REAL hard.

about the exhaust, the dunk is a good exhaust..most don't like the looks of it for some reason, but i love it. i have a greddy sp myself, but i am gona replace it with the dunk if i ever find the need.

for those of you that are waiting on greddy to make a evo for the 4th gen, apex already has one for us in the dunk..it's already offset to prevent scratching on lowered cars..

you made a great choice.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
416 Posts
can i ask where you got it and for how much?

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I like to hear, where I live there is NO import scene so I kinda go by what you guys say and make my purchases, i got it for 475$ shipped, I hope it isn't *TOO* loud

------------------

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My stock exhaust is starting to look like some 1985 wrangler jeans, so many patches in it, rusted through everywhere, muffler doesn't even "muffle" anything anymore, it's totalled, will i notice ANY gain with this system? I haven't even got a i/h yet

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by overdose:
That's what I like to hear, where I live there is NO import scene so I kinda go by what you guys say and make my purchases, i got it for 475$ shipped, I hope it isn't *TOO* loud

</font>
nah, dunks sound deep and bassy..$475?? shipped? that's pretty good. where?

you gona install it tonite? i would.. i don't think i could wait.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
207 Posts
How do you kick it when it is up on a lift?

I have a mental picture of jon laying on his back with his feet in the air kicking his car... I'm confused.

------------------
Watch me go

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SlowTegRS:
How do you kick it when it is up on a lift?

I have a mental picture of jon laying on his back with his feet in the air kicking his car... I'm confused.

</font>
i have it up on four "sturdy" jack stands

the car is about a good foot and a half above ground.

i lay on my side, and bust out my polished side kicks i learned in my tae kwon do class when i was a kid-in all seriousness.

i do realize that this method may sound real caveman like to some of you. heck, the car could fall on me i guess. but i got sturdy stands and i'd rather exercise my legs and get the satisfaction of breaking that sucker loose on my own.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Johnsoncranium, do you have AOL IM / ICQ? I need to talk to you about the clutch bleeding

------------------

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get a load of how my current stock exhaust is set up, I bet the DUNK is quieter! I have a 94SI with a 93 H22, replaced header(ofcourse)/downpipe/cat with the parts supplied from the h22 swap, left stock exhaust (SI) catback, swaps are expensive couldn't afford to do exhaust, there's about 7 patches of that contact puddy holding together various parts of the stock exhaust, resonator was cut out and replaced with straight pipe cause it rusted through, muffler has about 120,000 miles on it (midas replacement) and it's WORE OUT, at idle something in that muffler clangs, sounds like someone is throwing pennies around in my muffler and when the exhaust is cold it's super raspy and funny sounding 0-3500rpms when until it warms up, anything has to be better than this! Even from behind the car you can tell my exhaust is G H E T T O!

Currently my exhaust is probably just as "free-flowing" as an aftermarket =)

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
my aim sn is teamkoryo

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts