Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was walking to my car after leaving her APT down in the city.. when I walk by this 1998 or so VW GOLF GTI vr6.. its not the NEWEST body style, but the type just before that MKIII I think.. ANYWAY it was lowered with some Racing Hart C2's on it.. black with tinted windows and it looked AMAZING.. I kinda want one.. cause I like the look of the Hatchback.. what is the story with these cars?? are they quick? crappy??? modable??? MAN it looked SWEET... someone tell me I am crazy or something..... How does it stack up to our ludes.. or more specifically a 4g vtec lude..

thanks,
andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
235 Posts
One of my friends went to the drag strip the past summer and he had this to say "To my surprise no Volkwagen ever won unless it was up against another VolksWagen"

That surprised me too kinda, cuz I thought they were supposed to be quick cars. Maybe it was just a bad day for VW's that day? I dunno

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I drive my girlfriends VW daily and try to use my Prelude as least often as possible. Her car is the worst car I have ever driven in my life. It is awfully slow, unreliable, every hose is broken, head gasket already blew, exhaust is messed up, makes weird sounds at 55mph and above that not even mechanics can figure out, sun visor just snapped right off, dash is ugly, stereo sucks, speakers sound like tin cans, horrible handling.

You get the picture, that was a stock Passat GL though. a VR6 might be different.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well.... i use to have a 97 VR6 with a EIP tuning stage 4 turbo and know one could touch me!!!!!! I raced a couple ludes when I had it, I BLEW them all out. Well anothe thing was that it is so small and weights about 800lbs less that the prelude!!!! the closest race was againist a 5th gen. It is a great car, but I would NOT give up the LUDE for one. If you just want to race, go for it....... BUT for COMFORT, STYLE, stick with the PRELUDE!!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I almost bought a '99 GTI VR6, but got the Prelude instead. I am glad I didn't get the VW. They don't hold their value as well as a Honda. VW's have major reliability problems...ESPECIALLY electrical problems! My brother used to have a '92 Jetta, my sister has a '00 Jetta 2.0L, my mother has a '99 Cabrio, my mother-in-law has a '00 Jetta 2.0L, and a good friend of mine has a '99 Jetta VR6. They have ALL had MANY MANY problems. the '92 was just insane, the amount of problems it had. My sister's car has quite a few electical problems, and the front bumper keeps falling off!!! None of the VW dealers will fix this, either!!!

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
the vr6 or a chipped 1.8t, they haul some serious ass. I don't know who said they were slow above but with a good driver they're far from slow and pretty easily modded. One guy i raced in a jetta 1.8t w/ chip and intake, i only pulled half a car on him and that was when i was faster than i am now. He recently raced my friends GTP which ran a 14.77 and put about 4 or 5 cars on him and he still hasn't got his whole turbo package w/ downpipe, exhaust etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts