Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And to be honest with you, I was very unhappy with the color, and they screwed up the whole order. I asked them no to install the spoiler, and the dealer extras. They did, and that really pissed me off. So I got my deposit back, and decided to forego the purchase of the WRX. I am not really that disappointed, and I can honestly say that I am actually happy.
On another note, my M3 still has not arrived, and I was informed that I was still on the list for one. I have since cancelled that order as well. I am sick of waiting, I was told that I was on the first allocation, and the 1st-3rd allocations have already arrived, and been claimed. I am currently on the 7th allocation, which puts my car in the U.S. sometime next year.
Oh well, I guess I will have to be content with my "new" 97 RSP Supra TT 6spd. I picked it up about 2 weeks ago. I guess I still have the bug for the Dawg. This one will not be in the same state of tune as the last one. it already has a RMM downpipe, Blitz boost controller, BCC, HKS Intake, HKS Titanium Exhaust, HKS hiperdampers, HKS boost and EGT gauge and 18" Volk AV3's.
I also know of a 94 Prelude Vtec for sale. If anyone is interested in it, drop me an email.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
Oh well, I guess I will have to be content with my "new" 97 RSP Supra TT 6spd. </font>
Gee....I feel your pain. I'd sure hate to be in your position. *shrug*

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
wow, your car purchasing/selling stories have been so dramatic!!

anyway, is the impreza in that milky-yellow color? i saw one of those yesterday and didn't like it at all.

good luck with whatever car you have right now, and don't forget about us!

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberCivicSi:
hey i have question aboot grizzlies. there seems to be a couple mating behind the pine tree and they keep me up all night. what should i do. :D</font>

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to have been around the board awhile to understand that quote. I had one before, and sold it because it was getting to the point that it was too overpowered. And I always told myself that I would never let the Supra bug bite me again. besides i sold the Supra to buy the M3. And what do I do, I go and buy another Supra. I actually miss my Prelude to tell you the truth.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that Blaze Yellow that they advertise is actually a mayonaise/mustard puke yellow. I was actually going to go and take it right over to the Lexus dealer and have them paint it IS300 Yellow, but they Subaru dealer screwed the order so I said forget it. I hate being a car enthusiast. I want like every car on the road but can't afford that, so I have to pick one, and hope that I can live with it. I am sure this Supra will be around for awhile. Especially being the nice rare RSP color. My wife hates me for always trading and selling my cars, she wants to know why I can't be normal like "Everyone" else. I guess I love cars too much.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
sorry to hear your cars didn't work out. worst comes to worst you can sell the supra next year and pick up something else that comes out. Post pics of the new car though

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
Dr. James,

I too had the same problem with my local BMW dealer. I was waiting anxiously for the arrival and then in january i found out that i had been bumped from the first allocation to god knows when. So in short, instead of receiving in february which was what i was told when i put my deposit down, i am now going to get it sometime next april...i too am going to get my deposit back.

I don't have concrete evidence on this, but I believe the dealer is taking first allocation deposits and giving them to people padding their wallets above MSRP. According to a few salesmen's posts on Bimmer.net, they are advertising M3s arriving this month for 10k-15k above sticker. Where are they getting these cars from? Dirty, i tell you...

Neel

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
You would have to have been around the board awhile to understand that quote. I had one before, and sold it because it was getting to the point that it was too overpowered. And I always told myself that I would never let the Supra bug bite me again. besides i sold the Supra to buy the M3. And what do I do, I go and buy another Supra. I actually miss my Prelude to tell you the truth.</font>
There is something about the Prelude that stays with you. Must be the overall fun to drive factor.

I would be disturbed too if I was bumped on the waiting list. Wonder what the list is like here?

I saw the Yellow WRX in person and really didn't like it. I would go for the black instead, ofcourse with the whole CE light problem I wouldn't want one at all till they work the bugs out.

If Honda would bring out a new S2000 based Prelude or coupe I would consider buying one of those new. Time will tell what will happen with that.

Till then I am keeping my 93 Prelude VTEC, nothing to date has pleased me as much. I may even keep it when I get another car.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

[This message has been edited by VeeTec (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey you said something about a 94' Vtec for sale, well im interested at least to know the basics and extras if any that are being offered and how much. I am on the border of making a purchase but still not 100% sure...so...I figured i might as see whats going on with this prelude..

~SpeedCrazie

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Prelude is a 94 Vtec. It has 119K miles on the chassis and about 3500 miles on the engine. I built the motor, it has JE 11:1 compression pistons, Crower rods, Balanced and blueprinted the whole assembly including the water pump, and the oil pump. The head was ported by Myself, and recieved some reground webcams, and new Webcam Springs and Titanium retainers. The Intake manifold, and runners where extrude honed, the TB was overbored by RC engineering. The fuel system has a new Jackson Racing pump, Venom injectors, and Overbored stock rail. It has an Iceman CAI, AEM pullies, AEM camgears, and a custom Header Built by Me. It also has a custom Exhaust built by me. With a DTM tip muffler, real nice sound. The suspension is Koni's with Neuspeed Sports I believe, with ST rear swaybar and a Neuspeed front strut bar. It has stock wheels with Kumho rubber. It is pretty much stock outside. Azure Blue green paint. The brakes are Brembo solid rotors with AEM pads. and Earls Brake lines. The car is in excellent shape, and you would be hard pressed to tell the miles. It has been built and tuned by me in my shop. All the maintenance is up to date as of about 89K miles. That is when he aquired the car. I can attest the to quality of this car. He is entertaining offers right now. So make a good offer and the car can be yours. He too has been bit by the Supra bug.

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Damn James, 0-2 on the new car front. I guess you couldn't resist getting another Supra, could ya
? What is the "RSP" color?

Well, if the next Nissan Z car comes out next year, you can get that as your new "daily driver"

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
james
when did you put your name on the list for the M?? just curious cause my dad ordered his carbon black metallic M3 and it came within 2 months of the waiting list...he was like bottom half too. Try n sweet talk the dealer...sometimes dealerships get a couple of extras because they get sent to the wrong dealership or someone drops off the waiting list. Just be patient...its well worth it.

peace

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Dr. James: If it was your choice...and I noticed that you sold the other Supra cause "it was getting to the point that it was too overpowered"....would you take a NSX or S2000 over it?

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You would have to have been around the board awhile to understand that quote. I had one before, and sold it because it was getting to the point that it was too overpowered. And I always told myself that I would never let the Supra bug bite me again. besides i sold the Supra to buy the M3. And what do I do, I go and buy another Supra. I actually miss my Prelude to tell you the truth.</font>
seeing how much work, time, and effort into that car, i can understand how you miss it. i would miss any car that i put that much work into, espcially my lude.

sorry to hear about all the car drama. i hope everything works out.

MKIV supra tt's aren't that bad

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacques:
What is the "RSP" color?</font>
I believe that RPS is the blue color. That is my favorite color for the Supra, and as Dr. James said, it's also very rare.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
One more thing James, if I remember right, you were supposed to work for BMW at some point. Did that fall through? If not, don't they have special considerations for people that work for BMW?

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts