Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
North Highway 17 from I280...3 single lanes from other freeways merge into a 3-lane highway. I was in the center lane, a blue ford bronco on my right. The bronco moved into my lane very quickly, forcing me to move over to the left lane, not seeing the Integra there, all the while with my hand on the horn. I signal to the woman in the bronco to pull over...She flips me off and drives away before I can get the plate #. It turns out that the front drivers side of my car hit the front passenger side of the Integra. The integra driver immediately slammed on the brakes, causing his car to push all the metal on my drivers side in about 3". Both of my wheels are very damaged, my front bumper, fender, driver side door, rear-view, rear fender all need replacement.

I'll have pics of the damage up later.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bro!!!

Maybe O.J. re-painted his truck and was ON THE RUN again disguised as a woman?

Good luck getting it fixed though

·
Registered
210 Posts
honestly bro...the rage is not worth it!
assh*le drivers like that bronco are always going to be around.

i have found myself in situations like this too many times, and my instincts were the same as yours. but luckily i never had an accident. and since then i have easied up on the rage. to me 99% of people on the road can't drive, that's why u gotta be smarter than them.

if you can't help but to rage, at least get your car into a position where if an accident were to occur it wouldn't be your fault (that's what i do).

anyways, sorry to here about that.
peace!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anybody else notice how Prelude's are bad luck magnets? I brought this up before, but last time I said that I hadn't gotten in any bad luck. I ended up screwing up my front bumper and headlights a year ago.

If you're a Prelude driver that hasn't gotten in any incidents, good luck!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
ChrisM2097: Sorry to hear about that man... hope you didn't get a ticket on top of that! I absolutely despise drivers in SUV type vehicles who have no regard for others.

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisM2097:
North Highway 17 from I280...3 single lanes from other freeways merge into a 3-lane highway. I was in the center lane, a blue ford bronco on my right. The bronco moved into my lane very quickly, forcing me to move over to the left lane, not seeing the Integra there, all the while with my hand on the horn. I signal to the woman in the bronco to pull over...She flips me off and drives away before I can get the plate #. It turns out that the front drivers side of my car hit the front passenger side of the Integra. The integra driver immediately slammed on the brakes, causing his car to push all the metal on my drivers side in about 3". Both of my wheels are very damaged, my front bumper, fender, driver side door, rear-view, rear fender all need replacement.

I'll have pics of the damage up later.

</font>
dude, i know how u feel, I was ran off da road like that and it costed $10k to fix my car after i had it for only a month... Anyhow, i learned my lesson, SLAM ON DA BRAKES, and if they hit you, oh well... DONT MOVE OUT THE WAY... sorry for the late tip

------------------

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, no ticket. The guy I hit was actually really cool. He saw the B!tch that tried to hit me, and he totally understood my trying to get out of the way. he said he would have done the same thing. He also said, "Don't worry, when the cop comes, I'll back you up."

The cop was really cool too. He could have given me:
* Warning for having expired plates (paid registration, but haven't gotten stickers yet)
* Ticket for not changing my address (it's been 3 months now)
* Ticket for hitting the Integra. I have no proof that someone else caused me to swerve.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i got pissed reading this post about the lady in the bronco, doubt she doesn't fvcking pull over....what a dumb b!tch

it's cool that the guy in the integra was a good guy...at least not all people in the world are sh!tty drivers with bad attitudes

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98DiamondWhite:
Anybody else notice how Prelude's are bad luck magnets? I brought this up before, but last time I said that I hadn't gotten in any bad luck. I ended up screwing up my front bumper and headlights a year ago.

If you're a Prelude driver that hasn't gotten in any incidents, good luck!!
</font>
OMG you are so correct. I had never had bad luck befor my 2 preludes. It seems the more I try to protect my lude the more hurt she gets.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i guess, now would actually be a good time too buy, can we say $4000 cheaper? =)

G

·
Another prime example of ***** woman driving a large vehicle and can't drive!! Makes me mad reading stuff like this

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was coming form 280S, the bronco was coming from 280N, and the Integra took the Julian/Santa Clara offramp from 17. We all entered this section of freeway at the same time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to hear about that chris, arg WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS! (referring to bronco biaaaatch!)

Man, can I attest to the prelude bad luck (I'm probably in the top 5 running for most bad luck on this board). Within the first 36 hours of ownership a deer jumped in to my front fender and did about 5k worth of damage. 2 months later my airbags are stolen (I think that was about 2-3k for parts and install). About 2 months after that I find my car COVERED IN PAINT. Thousands upon thousands of white speckles. My finish felt like sand paper. That cost me about $40 in clay bars and 35 hours of hard labor! *sigh*

------------------
OOkie
2000pearlWHITEbase

Cripes! Another white 5th gen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts