Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup add me to the list, code 61....:(

its coming on more frequent now so i guess my O2 sensor is on the way out huh???:(

i reset it for now

will anything happen if i keep reseting it until i can scrape up the money to get a new one?

:( :( :mad: :(

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpity bump bump

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have been resetting mine now for about 5 months. I usually have to do it every 2-3 weeks. The only thing that will happen if it actually goes out is your gas mileage will go down the crapper. I'm going to see if I can get away without buying a new one for as long as i can. No big deal though.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna do some research on it but before i start can someone tell me how much one of the O2 sensors go for??? and do i have to replace both or 1??? which one???website?

well im gonna get all the answers i need by searching but those are the main ones...lol

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think ive been driving around with it for a while i got CEL's all the time just kept resetting them then when it got warm it stopped and now that its a little less than warm(weather) its back again

and yea i came across that thread in my search. thanks anyway

·
Still a Mugen Whore..Damn
169 Posts
will anything happen if i keep reseting it until i can scrape up the money to get a new one?
From experience... your gas mileage will go to ****!

how much does an o2 sensor cost?
From the dealership... about $230 per O2 sensor. You will probably only need the primary, but they can tell you which one it is if they check the code.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the code is for the primary sensor so wouldnt i just get the primary???
and arent the primary and secondary the same....i did a search and it confused the hell out of me

and how come some people can get theirs for really cheap? can i use one of those or should i just go broke again and get the OEM ones?

and oh, my fuel mileage has been out the window for a long time now...:sad:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sounds like yours is actually bad. My gas mileage is still good even though I have been getting the code for over 5months now. You could always try finding a totaled lude and pullin its O2 sensor if your short on cash. I'm not sure if the primary and secondary are the same sensor though.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the nearest junkyard(Harry's U-Pull It, supposedly largest junkyard on the east coast) is kinda far away but last time i went before i had my lude i didnt see no totalled ludes...hopefully i wont see one cuz i cringe at the site but at the same time its only like $5 bucks....hehe

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
^^ Yeah I know what you mean, but $5 compared to $180 or so is a pretty good deal. Can you call the place first and ask if they have any ludes there or will they not do that for you?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well they have something like 100 or 180 acres...i forget which of junk so trying to track one down would be hard...theyre a lil unorganized...but now that lifegaurd training kicked in full time i dont think im gonna have time to go:lowers head cries, and bangs head against computerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think it already did......

DOH!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts