Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe that's a bit of an exageration, but it was a woeful experience to say the least.. SO I was going about changing my radiator because mine had developed a small crack at the top.. SO I went to NAPA and got a Modine replacement radiator for only 160 bux.. Went about draining all my old fluid, pulling out my old radiator, and taking off the stock fans, when LOW AND BEHOLD.. there is NO WAY the stock fans or shrouds will bolt onto the new radiator.. the mounting points are NO WHERE near matching up.. so I went through all the trouble and had to put my STOCK (cracked) radiator back on, and Now I have to go return this "new" one.. I called the parts store, and they checked and rechecked the model number for the MOding for my car, and it did match with the part numbers that where on the box.. the only explanation that they had was that the wrong radiator was put in the right box.. WHO KNOWS.. but I did change my oil and filter while I was under there, and decided to takemy car to the dealership on Tue. to have THEM do the radiator.. hell I think the 125 bux to install the radiator is fine.. cause I am NOT that mechanically inclined and made a HUGE mess in my buddies driveway AND got nothing accomplished..

SHEESH

Andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Oh yes, I completely understand. I spent almost all weekend changing headers. All day Saturday to get the old one off (with the help of a shop for the cat bolts) and just under an hour to put the new one on. And this was my 4th attempt, each time realizing I needed a certain tool I didn't have or running out of daylight. I was beginning to think "oh hell, if a shop can put it on a lift and use some air tools, they'll have it done in an hour or so, how much would that cost?" But it was a pride thing, after all, it's just some piping and bolts!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had to change my radiator out not to long ago to. The shop ended up giving me the wrong radiator to. I new something was wrong when it only cost 130 bucks. Anyhow, i just ziptied the fans to it and delt with it. It wa about 2" thick and had automatic transmission coolers on it. I might turn those into oil coolers one day.

G

·
You should try pulling a head or pulling a tranny for the first time.

When I pulled my block out of the 5Gen, I was really surprised as to how easy it was!!!

If I ever have to do tranny or head work again, I will probably end up just pulling the block!!

Tranny took a full day, head took a full day, and the block took all of 1 hour (the head was already removed).

Now that I have done it, I bet I could pull the block in 5 hours easy.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
71DSP: is your car back together now? Or still waiting for some things? You don't want to miss too much of the season!

I think I could do a lot better working on my car from the top, I dislike crawling under it
, and there's so little room to move when you're only using two jack stands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts