Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's plans this Labor Day weekend? For me, we're heading to Kansas City for a soccer tournament.

·
12,803 Posts
Finished a 3 week gig in New Mexico / Santa Fe for Biggest Loser 18.

I drove out to this one because production was cheap about giving people rental cars. Used it as an excuse to explore and mosey my way back home (plus they were paying for gas the entire time). Stopped by Moab and Arches National Park on the way back for a few days for some fun. Also spent a night in vegas. I'm up $1200 woot!

You dirty dirty girl...

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
We're the worst at plans on weekends and even worse for holiday plans. Yesterday we split the day watching my daughter and I did some yard work I was going to take my daughter to go on a hike with our aunt but she lives in south Jersey and going south on labor day weekend in NJ is something I have no interest in doing. Tomorrow one of my friends and his wife are meeting us at a brewery so at least I get to do that for a bit.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
^^^Why, is Sought NJ a ***** in traffic? or just not nice place to go?

ODL--lol so one of my buddies has an '08 GX470 and is getting into the whole "offroading" thing, he has modded springs and some other crap, broke an aftermarket axle a week ago and kinda fixed it to get it back on the road...
...anyways, apparently there is a bit of a cult following of those vehicles in the offroad world, and it's really comfortable when slamming offroad at 35 mph. :laugh:

I went offroading with buddie in GX470 yesterday, then bbq.
Today I need to bake a pie I've never made before, give it and a small present to a buddie for his daughters 1st Bday.
Tomorrow I'm driving down to San Diego to see Alice in Chains supported by Korn. I like AIC's new stuff, and followed Korn when I was a kid, but don't really know/care about their current stuff. I didn't even know Korn was still together...

Took Tuesday off and will drive back and it's my ladies Bday...gotta impress.

·
12,803 Posts
offroad / overlanding has definitely become a "thing". But I don't think it's bad... whatever gets more people outside!

My LX is a tad big for some of the narrower trails. The GX is perfect. My parents have one and it's sportier and more fun to drive than the LX. For a long time it was underappreciated so you could find one for cheap... not so much anymore! But the LX is a couch... I use it as my DD and it's so so comfy. Both are super capable for the off road scene... for a totally stock car (minus tires), I went through a bunch of sketch and it always delivers - AHC (height control) + A-TRAC (off road traction control), toyota definitely knows what it's doing! Your friend's year GX also brings in KDSS, which will auto disconnect the sway bar.

I was laughing at all the rag top jeep dudes suffering in the 100°+ heat eating kicked up trail dust while I was sitting in a cool 68° dust free zone with netflix playing on my phone :)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
^^^Why, is Sought NJ a ***** in traffic? or just not nice place to go?
It's like half the state takes one highgway to get down the shore, god forbid there's a pullover or an accident and then its' 20x worse. With no traffic the ride is maybe an hour and ten from me. A day like today or tomorrow anywhere after 8am can easily take 2 hours or more and then coming back is equally terrible.It's also a thoroughfare along the coast so people in NY and CT going south jack everything up and of course vice versa.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Sounds like it's time to plow some houses down and pave another 12-lane expressway with special 80-mph starbucks drivetru's and mobile refuel tankers.

Keep it moving. lol

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,830 Posts
It was a bust.. we did nothing... our governor decided to make the entire highway system an exit plan for everyone living on the coast. So, we just stayed home like a cave couple... my girl lost her **** because she wanted to go hiking but the traffic was horrible. Went grocery shopping... it was a pretty lame weekend.

·
12,803 Posts
GX is becoming very popular now for off roading for people who want something better than a 4runner but smaller and cheaper than a LX. GX has a MUCH better engine and interior.

https://jalopnik.com/why-lexus-gxs-are-becoming-big-in-the-off-road-communit-1836636375
The GXOR is so nice!
It saddens me they want to kill the land cruiser / LX, especially with the overland scene blowing up! We need a grass roots back to the basics LX. Not the hybrid crap they're trying to package!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts