Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's plans this weekend?

For me, the continuation of my kids at dance rehearsals (since last Friday), and recitals (from Wednesday to Saturday). They are in multiple dances every night. Saturday night, right after their 2nd recital (there's a noon and 5pm recital), jetting over to go to the St. Louis FC soccer game. My son is receiving an award at halftime, along with his club team, for an undefeated season. Resting for part of Sunday, might go to a carnival that night.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Got my yard mowed this evening, so I can relax for the rest of the weekend.
At some point, I have to pack a suitcase, so I can leave for Cozumel on Monday. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Kiddo comes back from camp today, yard work tomorrow, and I need to get going on installing the winch in the trailer. Dogs need a bath too.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Had some great times in Cozumel about 11 years ago. So long I didn't even have a digi camera then or I'd show you pics. Awesome, had no trouble having a good time, tell ya that.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I love Cozumel because it's an easy flight from Dallas... about 2.5 hrs, and it's more laid back than Cancun. Cancun is great when you're in college on Spring Break... but I'm just looking to relax and have some beers by the beach or pool, so Cozumel is the right atmosphere for me. :bigthumb:

I'm not a Cozumel expert, but this is what I've found from my visits there:
1) If you want to visit the east side of the island... do 'Cozumel Bar Hop'. It's a little touristy, but they're great people, and you get to hit 4 different bars on the east side with a free shot at each bar and an hour to hang out at each stop. You don't have to rent a car, moped, or dune-buggy to get there. You'll get home safe, regardless of how much you drink. It's a good bargain.
2) If you want some lobster... hit up 'The Original Lobster House'. It's north of town, just across from the Westin, which was just built in the last couple of years. The restaurant is cash-only so be prepared for that, but the lobster is the best I've ever had. Budget at least $50USD per person if you want to have a nice lobster tail and a beer.
3) If you want to go deep-sea fishing, find Tiger at the Money Bar. He'll take you out in the morning to fish. Then, whatever you catch will be prepared by the Money Bar so you can come back in the evening and have dinner there. You still have to pay for the sides and drinks, but the fish will be prepared for free however you like it (grilled, blackened, fried). They'll keep a couple of your fish to sell in the restaurant, to cover their costs. But generally, there is more than enough to share. I've had some friends do this, and they think it's a great deal. I always mooch off their fish, and just throw in some cash for the sides & alcohol :)

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've not been to Cozumel in a number of years, miss scuba diving while there. Have to try the deep sea fishing some time. Have fun, take pics!

After all the recital craziness, just wanted to relax Sunday. Watched the rest of Riverdale, now watching Kim's Convenience.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Flew home to Wales on Weds evening
Thurs - went to the gym and caught up with a mate and his wife. It was also Mum's 79th so took the folks out for a meal
Fri - worked from home and chilled
Sat - spent time with the folks and then went out for one of my best mates birthdays, sank some beers.
Sun - Flew back to NL

Site note: The hire car was a Kia Sportage. Great motor, really well equipped. Kia in the last 10 years have raised their game so much.

·
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
827 Posts
Finally got my garage cleaned out. 1780 lb's of just crap in a uhaul. A lot was from an old grow that was in our current house. They tore the room down and just left it in the garage.

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Picked up a spare tire for the eGolf.
Met up with a buddy for lunch.
Bought my daughter a used bike for $40. Went for an hour ride with her, came home and ordered $90 in upgrades lol.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
^^^Reminds me of being young and their cars.

Buys Chevy blazer for $600--> installs $1,000 stereo and $800 of new rims/tires, and used KC floodlights that aren't wired in for at least another 6 years.

Buys $60 video game for PC. realizes it can't handle it and spends $965 on new trick video card, fluid radiator core cooler, extra stick of RAM for good measure, and LED lights because why the **** not.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't post my usual weekend thread, was driving at 3:30am Friday morning taking our son to his soccer tournament 3 states (and one time zone earlier) away. Just got back late last night.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 states for a ball game? Damn dude being a parent needs to be simplified.
At his current level, he competes against teams from other states every couple of months or so. This last one the 3 Missouri squads (all with the same abilities/skills) faced squads from Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. It'll be even worse as he gets older when they face teams from other states farther than the midwest. They also get an opportunity to compete in Europe. Such is the price to pay when you play on an Olympic Development program, outside of his club and "fun club" teams.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts