Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's plans?

Kids are at dance rehearsals all weekend, Somewhere in there, fitting in a Cars & Coffee and my son's soccer tryouts. Would love to go to the downtown parade for the St. Louis Blues' Stanley Cup win, but won't be able to go. It's expected half a million people or more will be downtown for the festivities. :eek:

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
I'm packing for a "camping" trip to Bass Lake near Fresno. Through Tuesday, but a lot of people decided not to go(from the get go), so hopefully still able to have a good time.

Glad to have ya back James. ;)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Need to finish some fence repairs. Buy some clothes (shorts & swim trunks) for an upcoming trip. Hopefully coordinate with my siblings to take my Dad to lunch for Father's Day. Not much excitement here.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
We went and saw Cirque du Soliel Crystal last night. Excellent show. Not our favorite Cirque show, but still really good. Went do a nice steakhouse (Flemings) afterward. Same result. Really darn good. Not our favorite, but really good (except the mac and cheese, that was...weird tasting).

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C&C Saturday was a fail...it rained for the first hour and a half. Couldn't make the Blues parade/rally, was in a dance studio all day with the kiddos rehearsing. :(

For you Dads, anything going on with Father's Day? My kids and wife are being secretive, so no clue what they have planned.

·
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
827 Posts
Went to the weird old guy car show. Strange mix of cars.

Bug Eye sprite, fiats, a Model a? and two Datsuns.

King Motorsports prepared B18c5. I was impressed. in a track prepped EG. There's no track within an 8 hour drive of us though.

Stock Z3 Coupe on Style 32's.

My E30, which usually just sits and collects pollen.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Just a roller coaster weekend for me, Friday I was out in Chicago at GoFest (nothing to do with cars for those not in the know) and after a very long very fun day I heard news that my friends mother was about to pass. Really hit me hard as she was more a mother to me than my own and really showed how to be a strong person without having to prove anything. Her actions were enough to know she loved and cared for all those around her, just a great person who was the embodiment of what a parent should be.

Sat flight home, land to find out she passed while I was in the air, lots of emotions in passing the news to other friends and trying to figure out how to get down to SC in the midst of a work week from hell. Spent the rest of the day with my daughter trying to enjoy her sillyness the best I could. Sat night, found out my cousins ex-husband passed too. Another person with a profound impact on my life. He helped me buy and fix my first few cars, showed me that you didnt how to know how to fix them going in as they all work more or less the same and that patience and determination you can fix anything. Also a person that taught me about firearms, shooting, cleaning, reloading... you name and it all started with him.

Sunday was some errands in the morning then time with the wife and daughter then a father day dinner spoiled by my 4 y/o that is on a mission to make sure mommy and daddy never have a conversation in her presence again. Amazing how someone you love so much can make you think about buying a roll of duct tape and wrap her mouth in it!! :eek:

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,152 Posts
Thats really rough man. Influential figures like those don't come along often in many lifetimes, much less one. Really hope you find some solace. The cousins Ex couldn't have been too old, either...

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about both your losses, Mark. I think they both would've appreciated how much of an impact they made to your life. :)

Sunday was some errands in the morning then time with the wife and daughter then a father day dinner spoiled by my 4 y/o that is on a mission to make sure mommy and daddy never have a conversation in her presence again. Amazing how someone you love so much can make you think about buying a roll of duct tape and wrap her mouth in it!! :eek:
It does put things into perspective that even at your low point of the weekend, on the other end is this spunk of life that brings joy and terror all in one small package. ;)

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
Unprepared how?
I went in to this with the mindset of it being a regular ass race, rather than the week long international gathering of debauchery that came across. The race itself was fine, I went into it with a plan to deal with the 24 hour part that worked out pretty well.

Should I go again, I'll go for the week, and I'd probably camp out in one of the camping areas at the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts