Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's plans this weekend?

My son is playing for a friend's (awful) baseball team tonight, will be the starting pitcher. He quit baseball last summer (it was his decision) after getting jerked around on playing time with his select team. He started playing the latter half of this summer on his friend's team because they were desperate for players. In yesterday's game, I don't want to be biased but he literally carried the team for half the game. He drove in 3 runs (the team had 5 overall), made multiple key outs at shortstop and 3rd, and was going to come in as a closer. But, the team made several fielding mistakes, which for an 12U team shouldn't be making at that level. Even routine outs were far from routine. They also made a number of baserunning blunders. Anyways, rant over. :p

My daughter is going to a dance studio sleepover tonight. Tomorrow, going to a friend's house for a housewarming party. Sunday, don't know yet. Maybe wash the cars, and put a cosmetic mod on the Stinger.

·
12,803 Posts
Birthday weekend!

Friday - Current project is Chasing the Cure. It's a definite flop! Friday night crashed bc been going pretty nonstop. Also randomly adopted 2 kitties on thursday. This'll be interesting.

Saturday - Hiking in the morning. Dinner plans. See where the night goes after.

Sunday - Parents visiting. Going to drag them along to look at houses.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Annual Prelude meet that's happening in Mineral Wells this year. We're doing an AutoX, but a few people have dropped out. Going to mean a lot of seat time for the rest of us, and plenty of testing can be done on the new fenders. Prototypes are wavy and not very attractive. Good enough for testing, and they'll be filled and sanded perfectly smooth before molds are made.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Godddd Dammmnnnnnnn I LOVE LOVE that new look, daaaayyyuuum. Bad ass real racing car.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Godddd Dammmnnnnnnn I LOVE LOVE that new look, daaaayyyuuum. Bad ass real racing car.
Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment! Still a work in progress, but we're getting there. Day was cut short by a bad cam sensor. Thinking it's the wiring and not the sensor, but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.

Wheel and tire package is 18x10.5 front with 285/30/18 and 18x9 with 245/35/18 rear. Seriously considering 18x9.5 with 255/35/18 in the rear with fender flares because the 245s are about as much as we can get, as we've pulled the sheet metal out a good 3/8" already.

Surprisingly enough, I was able to spin the fronts up through 2nd, but once the tires were warm the grip was a lot better. That was with only about 9 PSI of boost. The turbine housing bolts came loose, so I was losing a bit of boost.

I really need to try the A compound Hoosiers. They're supposed to be a lot stickier, at the expense of heat capacity and wear.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
The A Hoosiers would be better suited for Autocross/solo II rather than road racing, correct?

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Yes, but we rent this facility and run private events with like 15 or so drivers. No corner workers. Course is laid out very very open, and we do 4 flying laps each session. So it's closer to a short road course than an AutoX course. So with R compound tires, the tires are cold for 1/2 to 3/4 of a lap, but for the remaining 3, the tires are good to go. :)

The car is setup for road course, but doing a road course event is much much more costly. Doing this "time trial" type of setup allows for plenty of testing at very little expense other than wear and tear on the car ($20 is all I pay for all day of "track time"). Plus it's an hour away from home so no need to take time off from work, rent a hotel, etc.

Top speed is roughly 100 MPH on the back straight. I get very close to 90 on the front straight as well.

You can see a Google Earth view of the "course" in the lower right of these screen caps.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Thanks! We are still missing a bunch of items like steering angle, individual wheel speeds, post-turbo air temp, water pressure, trans temp, and a few others. :)

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Wish we had something like this in our area, something that's between an autocross and a full-on roadcourse. You're right, roadcourses are expensive to drive on, like you the nearest for me is nearly an hour away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts