Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

We need donations to buy the Lower Intake Plate from JR so that we make get the Water Cooling system R&D's for the preludes

The cost is $291

Donations can be sent to:

[email protected]

I'll update everyone on the progress of the collection.

Thanks Guys,

Luke

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have close to $100 so far...(minus fees)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Keep it comming guys! Who know's maby John will cut us a small deal since we are helping him with the essentials for his R&D work?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$170 is the running total...

Vir2L and Paluce thanks for your generous donations

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just under $200

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guys, I spoke with john at LHT, he said it'll be a few weeks before he can begin the prelude JR cooler, so keep those donations coming, we'll prob need just over $340 total including the shipping of the adapter plate and the shipping of the lower IM to LHT.

Thanks guys, I'll talk to john about maybe getting a GB going for the first batch.

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Specialque said:
we'll prob need just over $340 total including the shipping of the adapter plate and the shipping of the lower IM to LHT.
Why don't you just place the order for the adapter plate though John? Considering he is a JR dealer and all... It'll save time and money in the long run. As for the lower manifold, just watch E-bay or e-mail sohfast.com regarding it to see if they can get it. Don't pay more than $80 for the entire intake manifold if you can help it. I picked up a 4th gen one for $70 including shipping. There are only very basic differences between the 4th gen and 5th gen manifolds, nothing that would make a difference for the IC.

Does anyone know exactly what LHT plans to do? Make it a bolt on kit? Does he have a Prelude engine bay to test the setup on?

·
Registered
576 Posts
TimeRacer said:

Why don't you just place the order for the adapter plate though John? Considering he is a JR dealer and all... It'll save time and money in the long run.

Good idea about ordering it through him... maby this way we might only have to pay his cost???

As far as ETA for this IC,,, It's all up to John and how much time he has on his hands. He won't be able to get to it for another 2-3 weeks, then development time, dyno testing and if all goes well PRODUCTION!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
oh ya,, he plans on making it a complete bolt on kit with the heat exchanger and all, or I think you could provide that yourself. That's not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
If he isn't going to modify the manifold I might be willing to "donate" my stock 5th gen intake manifold just so long as it comes back in complete working order. The main reason why I'm keeping the manifold is just to be able to bolt it back on if I ever decide to sell the car. But how much clearance is there between the hood and the charger? Or is he just going to mold it into the charger mounting plate?

edit: Where is LHT located?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts