Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently noticed water collecting in my spare tire area. I've sealed my tail lights with silicone, but still, water appears. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had the same problem but it was leaking from the corner of the tail light area. Try to pour water on the outside of the car and find where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i had the same problems and it was also the tail lights leaking. But you said you siliconed them. Just go to honda and buy the gasket.

·
BB6 S3X
515 Posts
i would just pop out the little circular black things in the trunk area around the tire. just let the water drain out...its not gonna really do anything

·
Registered
41 Posts
pop the drains... and if it is the sunroof drains keep an eye on your passenger side floor, because it will leak in there too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try This Yet?

I had the same problem but it was leaking from the corner of the tail light area. Try to pour water on the outside of the car and find where the leak is coming from.
Did you try this yet? Just fold down the back seat, get you a flashlight and get someone to start spraying the car, (or like me in Baton Rouge, just wait for the next heavy rain) you should be able to pinpoint the source. Let us know your findings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it sounds like you have the same prob i have i also silliconed my tail lights but still water also the bottom of my rear passanger seat will some times get wet ass well it seems like its a real pain to even think about touching the drain tubes to the sun roof with out realy geting involved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts