Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car this morning with no issues. I get to work after a couple of hours, then take my lunch break. I put it in the on position, it will light up and everything. I turn it to start and get absolutely nothing. Even after removing the key and turning it to the position nothing comes back on. I've replaced the starter recently and my battery is fine. Changed spark plugs recently as well. I hope someone can help me out. I've been working on this one for about 5 months. Now I'm not sure what to think. Help PLEASE.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started my car this morning with no issues. I get to work after a couple of hours, then take my lunch break. I put it in the on position, it will light up and everything. I turn it to start and get absolutely nothing. Even after removing the key and turning it to the position nothing comes back on. I've replaced the starter recently and my battery is fine. Changed spark plugs recently as well. I hope someone can help me out. I've been working on this one for about 5 months. Now I'm not sure what to think. Help PLEASE.
Is charge on battery about 12.2 volts?

Try using sandpaper to clean your battery posts and inside of the battery clamps. Disconnect negative clamp first, then the positive clamp.

Since you've replaced the starter, make sure all electrical connections for starter and starter circuit are tight and clean.

Check fuzes under the hood. No. 19 (70A) and no. 20 (40A) (from manual for '88 Prelude).

Check solenoid on starter:

None of the terminals will be hot as no power flows to the solenoid unless you turn the key to start. Disconnect battery if you're not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My battery terminals weren't tight as they should be. Good information to have though on just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts