Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like too cut a hole out of my hood near air intake and add a scoop. cutting hole is easy but anyone got a good idea of a scoop that could mount ontop too increase airflow. any ideas etc.. would be cool thanks

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Actually scoops aren't that bad.

I saw a pic of a Stealth VR-4 with a true twin-turbo setup (one turbo per bank of cylinders.) His air came from holes cut ahead of his wheels, and he had these scoops that would open up the moment he broke 4000rpm. The scoop was actually split down the middle too, with one side leading to the intake, the other to blow on the intercoolers.

The whole bumper looked weird though. It was v-shaped... like a wedge. The intercoolers were at an angle and made a V too, since he could only fit one down the middle otherwise.

Sigh... rich Germans.

------------------

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Woops. I should elaborate that the scoops opened up on the side of the bumper, not the top of the hood. From what my dad understood, the guy had problems with the scoops breaking off at around 160mph.

------------------

·
Registered
244 Posts
I dont think it's that bad an idea as long as it's done right. Just dont go and hack saw your hood then slap a piece of fiberglass over the hole. You could actually mold something pretty cool and keep it stelth at the same time if done right. Good luck and post pics.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I'll take care of this, anybody got a rope?

------------------
<A HREF="http://gotigersgo.fansonly.com/sports/m-baskbl/mem-m-baskbl-body.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Record: 21-15 after starting 2-6
N.I.T. 3rd place

1 - 15 of 15 Posts