Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to make the VTEC kick in any earlier than 5500. It would be nice if it was always in VTEC:D

And if you how does it do it. Computer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a search for vafc becuase that's what I thought. But what exactly is a vafc, what does it do, and how does it install?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
a vafc is a little computer and it controls fuel curves, VTEC engagement and all the other good stuff...it installs by tapping into the ECU

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
one-rude-lude said:
Is there any way to make the VTEC kick in any earlier than 5500. It would be nice if it was always in VTEC:D

And if you how does it do it. Computer?
You cant have your car constantly in vtec. You wont be gaining anymore power and your car would kill itself. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
true! your car will run like crap being in VTEC all the time. Your Air/fuel ratio won't be correct the whole time.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
not to mention fuel mileage....haha thats funny....1000RPM...here we go....weeeee!

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ exactly! it'll run extremely rich an you'll have really really bad gas mileage....burning fuel continually. you also won't feel the gain at all.....think of it this way....you dyno tune your car after a VAFC install to determine when the best vtec engagement point is....so that obviously means that all the time wouldn't be the best, otherwise honda would've made it that way ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
azninside said:
^^ exactly! it'll run extremely rich an you'll have really really bad gas mileage....burning fuel continually. you also won't feel the gain at all.....think of it this way....you dyno tune your car after a VAFC install to determine when the best vtec engagement point is....so that obviously means that all the time wouldn't be the best, otherwise honda would've made it that way ;)
Not to mention you'd be burning oil like crazy...haha oil change everyday that'd be good...
-Dan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you need to have a fuel rail and a couple other mods added before you get a VAFC? A buddy of mine w/ a 4th gen told me he had to?!?

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Do you need to have a fuel rail and a couple other mods added before you get a VAFC? A buddy of mine w/ a 4th gen told me he had to?!?
the more mods the better since you have to dyno tune to get results,it just saves money on tuning when you have the parts already rather than going back to tune it every time you install a new part

1 - 15 of 15 Posts