Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm going to be ordering some 18" TE37 Bronze wheels.
Car is 2001 Honda Prelude Base

I want a staggard wheels. I wanted to know what would the correct offset to get in order for it to fit. I wanted 18/ 7.5 in front and 18/ 8.5 or 9.0 in rear, I would really approciate it, and no, Why staggard wheels on FWD car. To each is own. Thanks again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, has anyone done this?? I have seen similar vehicles with this setup? I need to know what offset in order for this to work?

·
Registered
319 Posts
youll need some offset lower than +48, and by the sounds of it your fenders are going to need some work. they will work...for a price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. So could you please give me a offset to get. I have read on here most people get a 42-44 offset. Will this still be the proper offset to get for the front and for the rear. I also wanted to know what the cheapest place to get volk wheels. Wheelsboutique has them for $770.00 e/ for 18/7.5 That's extremely steep. I know I can get them cheaper. I payed like $2,400 for 18" SE37k's about 6 years ago from a performance shop that no longer exist. And I had the Gram Light Pro's about 5 years ago that were about the same in price. I know someone has them cheaper than $3,000 for all 4??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive seen Preludes with 17x8 with a 38mm offset and it sits perfectly aligned with the wheel well. I would go with that. Anything bigger as far as diameter will not give you much options.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ok. So could you please give me a offset to get. I have read on here most people get a 42-44 offset. Will this still be the proper offset to get for the front and for the rear. I also wanted to know what the cheapest place to get volk wheels. Wheelsboutique has them for $770.00 e/ for 18/7.5 That's extremely steep. I know I can get them cheaper. I payed like $2,400 for 18" SE37k's about 6 years ago from a performance shop that no longer exist. And I had the Gram Light Pro's about 5 years ago that were about the same in price. I know someone has them cheaper than $3,000 for all 4??
search. I have 16x7 with 42b offset and they will fit fine, i dont think that will work with 8"wheels
Ive seen Preludes with 17x8 with a 38mm offset and it sits perfectly aligned with the wheel well. I would go with that. Anything bigger as far as diameter will not give you much options.
what kind of prelude? and do you know if they did any fender work?

·
Registered
42 Posts
search. I have 16x7 with 42b offset and they will fit fine, i dont think that will work with 8"wheels

what kind of prelude? and do you know if they did any fender work?
It was a 5th Gen Prelude. Nol fender work but I would recommend rolling the fenders

·
Registered
319 Posts
so where is best place to get volks/cheapest
its not like picking up a gallon of milk, they cost roughly 500 a wheel, and there are equal or better wheels out there. so if your big ballin and have the money go ahead. I bought

It was a 5th Gen Prelude. Nol fender work but I would recommend rolling the fenders
yeah i would recommend it too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts