Honda Prelude Online banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I don't have any problems with my hood. I don't get snow here, but I do get rain, and it's never been a problem. water only gets in there when sitting still, and even then, it doesn't touch any of the ignition system. I'd say go either OEM or Invader, both look awesome IMO.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
DAng...I've never seen it on a 4th gen that didn't have some crazy kit--it looks really nice on your ride.

J

·
It's a V6, right??
427 Posts
I think the extreme hood is the way to go, it is actually functional( hot air rises), my friend has it on his civic and man you can feel a serious amount of hot air coming outta it, just sitting at a standstill. You know when you get an aftermaket header the underhood temps shoot way up. I have a friend with a DC sports header on his H23 and his hood is always alot hotter than mine is after the same amount of driving(I have stock header and hood,BTW). The vent on the hood sits directly above the header and behind the radiator, and instead of that hot air from the header blowin around under the hood and heating up other things(cough, ahem,cough, your COLD air intake), it exits immeadiately throught the vent. There's a shop by me that recommends a vented hood after installing a turbo, b/c of the excess heat that turbos produce. I believe that there is a signifigant drop in underhood temps with this hood and if you ask me it really does compliment the looks of even a stock bodied prelude. Peace Out.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's what my hood does. It's vented, sits right above the header, and when moving, causes a vaccum passing over the vent and pulls the hot air out of the engine bay. Now, how strong of a vaccum it causes I don't know, maybe a little, maybe a lot, but I know that it helps out a lot. Also lets the engine cool down much better because the hot air can just come right out of the vent instead of being trapped in the engine bay.

I have no regrets :)

·
It's a V6, right??
427 Posts
See, that's what I'm saying :D, it's actually a style/performance piece. Later

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
sik96prelude said:
Here it is on my boys ride. The grills are not on cause it just got painted.
Exactly the one pic I was talking about--Thanks, Ronnie!! I'm actually considering that invader hood, now that I saw it on Prelude styl's car...I think it'll look good w/ my upcoming spoon lip (any word, Joel, hahaha??)

J

·
It's a V6, right??
427 Posts
I still like the extreme better:D . I know that if you get it you won't be as "unique". Of course if it rains it looks like the water will land right on your valve cover just in front of your injectors. Ummm......

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nice! I can't wait to see how it looks on your ride...keep us posted.

J

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.