Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into the invader style but they are on a large backorder and i need this hood soon cause my insurance check is only good for 2 months. Should I get this hood with the assumption that a body kit will be coming this year or should i just get the OEM one?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
eh...i really dont like the OEM one too much its too plain...i want something interesting...something that will make someone look twice but im not sure if i should get the extreme GT or not....any pics???? anyone?

EDIT:
Im really leaning toward the extreme GT just because of the fact that I've never seen it before on a Lude and te Invader style is pretty common but thats the whole problem...i dont know whatg its gonna look like and thats really what im lookin for is pics ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
What kind of body kit are you going to get? If you get a lip kit (such as WW RS or Kamanari) then you should get OEM style cause the invader style is way too aggressive.

But if you get an aggressive kit, the Invader style will suit it well.
Sorry i've never seen a Extreme GT before. But the prelude is not listed as a car to have the Extreme GT made. :confused:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh it is...atleast thats what the Vis rep told cementups when he called to order my hood. i was planning on getting the WW widemouth kit...i think the smoother lines of the GT extreme hood would compliment the front bumper well

·
Registered
798 Posts
that wouldn't flow with the lude lines whatsoever....

I don't like it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ludeconduct for HP.com and I believe he's on this site now as well had a really nice CF hood that was aggressive but it was
the one that has a single "cowl", if that the term, instead of two

I thought it was called "extreme" I'll try to find a pic of one

·
Registered
798 Posts
LudeConduct (Or Charlie) has the Invader style hood

PIC:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Everytime I see a hood like that I just wait for the toast to come flyin out!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
4bidden said:
Everytime I see a hood like that I just wait for the toast to come flyin out!
:laugh: :laugh: I think this, and wonder how much fun they have cleaning their engine bay after it rains/snows.

J

·
Registered
163 Posts
the invader matches the nose lines beautifully which is why i have it. Wish i had a pic or a sig to show u but u saw ludeconducts it flows if thats u'r taste. but the extreme gt looks like should be on a civic not a lude!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
W/ the right body kit, the GT looks good. Ronnie (Sik96Prelude) showed me a pic of one in ND that is burgundy, and has the GT hood I believe...PM him and ask for the pic.

J

·
Registered
777 Posts
brendon2k said:

thats an understatement

OHHHH harsh, its not that bad, but carbon fiber isn't my thing. Personally if you like it get it, both of those ludes with the invader hood dont look like :barf: would you ever try getting a flat carbon fiber hood and painting the sides of it like some of the 5th gens on the board?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would like to see this Extreme GT on an actually prelude, would someone post pics? As far as i know, it doesn't exist....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts