Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good replica? I remember ODL saying something about his front bumper not being too good. I have a chance to get this pretty cheap but I don't want a bad replica. Thanks

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
Mine did fit ok...not perfect...but still.
My main gripe is with the quality of the fiberglass. Vis stuff is just cheap. Period.

</font>
yeah, mine did have some imperfections in the fiberglass. my bodyshop fixed most of them, but missed some around the edge near the fenderwell. No big deal, because it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
try and get the HK version if you can. Its the one that comes in grey i think.. and not white (replica of replica)</font>
are you SURE? my vis sides came in 2 colors.....one gray ,one tan color....it's just whatever resin they have at the time.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Yah, the color isn't really important. Just the texture and smoothness.

Just look at this wing from hk...it's so smoooth! And it's been untouched!

My side & rear skirts came white, and were from hk too...i know for fact since on the inside there was a label stuck to the fiberglass in chinese with the store name and whatnot

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•Video clip from Gen-X Cops of Jaymee•'

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
The color of the kit is just the primer that the fiberglass company used to finish, there's even black mugen replica out there. The key is the fitment itself.

My company is bringing in 5 sets of Mugen kit for Prelude next week from HK. These are replicas of the genuine mugen that they used as the mold. If you guys have any concerns feel free to e-mail me.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Personally, I would make sure you get the grey one. I got a white one, seemed thinner than the others and the fitment suck donkey ballz, no matter which Lude you may fit it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts